Events Cal Pro and Woo Tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Cal Pro and Woo Tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John McSharry

We currently use Church and Events Theme on our church site.
    On one of our upcoming events, we would like to have people register and pay a small $5 registration fee.
    We’ve used GravityForms to create the registration form but only the Developer’s Version allows coupon codes to allow our own members’ registration to be free.

If we install Events Calendar Pro and Woo-Commerce tickets, will that accomplish what we need?
    Will that allow codes for FREE registration?
    Will it also allow people to purchase their registration through the EVENT Post?

Thanks.. Great product.

Geoff

Hey John,

thanks for reaching out and I’m stoked to see you’re looking into PRO and WooCommerce Tickets for event registration. 🙂

First off, let me be upfront that PRO is not necessary for WooCommerce Tickets to function. You can use WooCommerce Tickets with the free version of The Events Calendar and still sell tickets for your events right out of the box. No need to purchase both, unless you need the extra features included with PRO.

WooCommerce Tickets does indeed do the following you are looking for:

• Create tickets for events directly in the Events post editor. Those tickets are registered Products in WooCommerce and display on the Event post, where your visitors can add them to the cart.
    • Create both free and paid tickets–and as many ticket variations per event as you would like. You can even set the start and end sale dates for each ticket individually.

What I do want to caution is that WooCommerce Tickets is not really a registration plugin in the sense that it does not collect information about the purchaser of the tickets. It could be possible to accomplish that with some custom development (or perhaps integration with Gravity Forms) but is sadly not something that is supported out of the box. Sorry about that!

One idea might be to consider the Eventbrite Tickets plugin instead. It allows you to create events on Eventbrite.com and sync them to your WordPress site, including tickets. The transaction takes place entirely on Eventbrite.com. which allows for more advanced features like registration, coupons and other types of variable pricing.

Does this help answer your questions? Let me know if I can clarify anything and I’d be happy to help. 🙂

Geoff

Geoff

Hi John,

I see my last reply was marked as the correct answer–thanks for following up and I’m glad this helped! Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up we can help with and we’d be happy to. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Cal Pro and Woo Tickets’ is closed to new replies.