Events, BuddyPresss and Listify Theme

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events, BuddyPresss and Listify Theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Philip Higgins

I am interested in understanding the possibilities of integrating this suite of event plugins with a theme I am currently using to build our directory, Listify. Can events be associated with specific individual listings? Can listing owners be allowed to also use the event community plugin to create their own events? If not, what type of custom integration is required? (As in; how do I refer to this integration if I am searching for hired freelance).

Additionally, what how does this plugin integrate with Buddypress? Is there any possibility to allow social functions to events? or maybe allow events to be created within a specific group?

I look forward to getting pointed in the right direction! Thank you

Geoff B.

Good evening Philip and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products and we’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Can events be associated with specific individual listings?

This a great question. From a technical standpoint, events are full-fledged custom posts that have many attributes (categories, tags, organizers and venues).
    So I guess the answer is it depends what you mean by associated to individual listings (only visible with a specific listing ? containing a URL to the listing ? etc…)

I would probably be able to provide a better answer if  I had a bit more details about the type of association you have in mind.

Can listing owners be allowed to also use the event community plugin to create their own events?

Yes, provided they have the proper WordPress user role and capabilities (which you can control with a plugin such as Members)

I am not sure what are you requirements about such events. Public ? Private ? Only visible through their listing ? (that last might require customization)

If you could provide me with a better idea of what you are trying to do, I could provide you with a more detailed answer.

Additionally, what how does this plugin integrate with Buddypress?

We unfortunately have no special integration with BuddyPress for any of our plugins at this time. But you can absolutely vote for that feature in our user voice forum.

Is there any possibility to allow social functions to events? or maybe allow events to be created within a specific group?

Would that still be in the context of BuddyPress or in general ? Also, could you expand on what you mean by social functions and by groups ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events, BuddyPresss and Listify Theme’ is closed to new replies.