Events broken after installing ECP 2.0.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events broken after installing ECP 2.0.1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hello,

I recently installed ECP 2.0.1 and afterwards most of my events have become broken. In the front-end I can perfectly see the whole event description, but when I try to edit the event the description-field is blank, and half the options are missing.
    http://www.farumkyokushin.dk/events/

I am in need of editing all my events, so I need some help on this one.
    Thanks 🙂

Rob

Hey Peter, sorry to hear you’re having issues. Where did these events come from? Were they migrated from 1.3.3? 1.6.5? Let me know the details of how you got them over and I can check it out for you.

Peter

I was previously using 1.6.5. I didn’t use any migration method etc. I simply installed Event Calendar and ECP 2.0.1.

Do you need more info, please tell me 🙂

Rob

Hey Peter. If you installed 2.0.1 after using 1.6.5, the events would not have migrated automatically…you would have had to manually initiate the migration by going to Settings –> The Events Calendar (we put together a walkthrough on this at launch time that may be useful: https://theeventscalendar.com/migrating-from-events-calendar-1-6-5-to-2-0/). What happens if you attempt the migration now?

Peter

I was just watching the tutorial, and I do not have the “Migrate Data” button in my settings 🙁

Is it still possible to ‘rescue’ the old events or are they broken for good?

Rob

You should be able to rescue your old events, yes…if you didn’t have a migrate button then the events themselves shouldn’t actually be carried over. What happens if you just turn off 2.0 and revert to 1.6.5?

Peter

I do not have a copy of version 1.6.5 anymore and I do not know where to get it.

Do you have a copy I can install?

Rob

You can snag 1.6.5 right here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/download/ (just select the appropriate link on the page). Let me know the results from there and I can keep looking into this for you as needed.

Michael
    Participant

Hello,

I have a site that is running 1.3. I just purchased 2.0. I watched your video about migrating from 1.6.5 to 2.0.

How should I migrate from 1.3 to 2.0? In the meantime, I’m backing up the site and database…. until I hear back from you.

As an aside, I’m building a new site for the client, and will ultimately need to move the data into the new site. I’d figured I’d let you know – as perhaps there is a different approach needed.

I figured, that I’d get the old site upgraded to 2.0 first… then deal with the switchover later?! Your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Mike

Rob

Hi Mike. Thanks for the note. Sorry it took me a couple days to get back to you; weekend and all that…

Were you on 1.3 straight, or 1.3.3 (the final 1.x stable release)? If the former, I’d ask that you first update 1.3 to 1.3.3, then 1.3.3 to 2.0 to ensure the smoothest migration possible. We didn’t test against moving from anything before 1.3.3 on the PRO side so I can’t guarantee you’ll have an optimal experience doing so. If you email me (rob at tri.be) I can get you the 1.3.3 code.

From there, upon activating 2.0, your 1.3.3 events should automatically be converted into 2.0 events. Unlike the 1.6.5 (free) to 2.0 jump, this is much less a migration process and doesn’t require any extra steps.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events broken after installing ECP 2.0.1’ is closed to new replies.