Events becoming disconnected from EventBrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Events becoming disconnected from EventBrite

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

We imported about 200 events from our eventbrite account into our site. They were working fine initially. Now, from what I can tell, due to no change on our part, the events are becoming disconnected from EventBrite, making it impossible for our customers to purchase tickets to more than half of our events. If I look at the event in our dashboard, it does not have any of the eventbrite information anymore, even though we never checked to disconnect it.

Is there ANY way to re-connect an event??

We NEED to figure out why this is happening and stop it. It is causing a huge loss in sales and frustration from our users.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying to this.

I have not seen any other reports of this from customers so I am not sure what is causing this.

Have you or anyone else edited events after they were imported? I just edited an existing event and made sure the connection was set to remain and it worked for me on that event.

Is there a pattern to the events disconnected? Are they all events you created in WordPress or were they imported? Do you manage all the events in Eventbrite as well or are they other peoples events?

Unfortunately, I think the only way to reconnect is to reimport an event from Eventbrite.

I am asking our Eventbrite Developer if he has anymore information as well.

Sorry again for the delay and the issues.

Jon
    Participant

We are trying to make the issue repeatable. It is still happening and may have to do with two people editing the same event at the same time? Here is what our person says:

haven’t isolated the problem yet, but liz and i have been trying to break events all day with mixed results. at one point a few events became disconnected, but then checking a few mins later, they were fine. weird. i don’t know if you’re able to look at an activity log or something like that, but that weirdness happened between approx. 11:45am and 12:15pm. I noticed that the GAMH show on 2/3 (hawaiian show) was showing up a little weird – the widget was not filling the whole space, just the width of the description. i refreshed the page (front end event page, not backend) and then it was gone altogether. i then went and opened up the event on the backend and it was showing as disconnected. i closed without saving, checked some of the previous show’s i’d just verified as connected and many of those too had become disconnected. closed without save. then i had liz look at the same events, but some of them were working for her. went back and looked at them again and they were working.then i went and checked the backends and verified that the ones that had been disconnected were then showing up as working.

We would LOVE IT if there was a notification if someone somehow accidentally DISCONNECTS the event or checks that setting before the event gets updated. Like a pop up saying ” ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DISCONNECT FROM EVENTBRITE??”

ALSO would be amazing if there was a simple way to RECONNECT the events because we had to spend A TON of time re-importing and then making changes to all the events that became disconnected. We use a lot more data on the WP side of things than the eventbrite and we lost a lot of hours re-entering the data that was already in the site. VERY frustrating.

Jon
    Participant

I also got this from our guys:

for the record, all the events (effected or not) are imported, not built in wordpress (we have a few non-eventbrite events build in wp, but that’s unrelated since they don’t link to anything on EB) and in the cases i can verify personally (what happened today), the ‘keep linked’ was checked before any saves were made and in some cases it was verified that the box was checked and no additional save was made, the page was just exited.

Margaret
    Participant

We are seeing the same issue. We have updated all plugins and re-entered our license key multiple times. This is KILLING us as we have many meetings that now don’t have a registration function 🙂

Anything you guys could do to help would really be appreciated.

Jon
    Participant

Here is some more info from our guy :

ok, it happened again. poor man’s whiskey on 3/19. Liz went in to edit the show description (which she’d been doing on a bunch of events just to clean up some formatting). she verified that the box was still checked, made her edits, hit saved and was given an error message: “We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here’s why:
    You have hit the rate limit.”
    she closed out of the page without saving and we left it alone for about 20 mins or so. we then returned to the backend of the page and it was reconnected and the changes she’d made before getting the error were saved.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok that gets us somewhere.

It looks like the “You have hit the rate limit” message is saying you are hitting your API limit of 5k per day or the hourly limit (not sure what that is) and that the APP in your website is not able to connect to Eventbrite then so it wont sync or detect an event is connected after the limit is hit.

I looked up their terms and service and found this passage:

“3.3 Rate Limits
    Eventbrite start everyone off at 5000 calls per day. If you need more calls or a higher limit, simply email us at [email protected] and tell us what you are up to and we may bump you up.”

I would suggest emailing them to see about getting the limit increased for your account.

I will bring this to the developers and see if there is a place we can add caching to reduce amount of times the app uses the api.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events becoming disconnected from EventBrite’ is closed to new replies.