Events are Not Cleaning Up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events are Not Cleaning Up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hey guys,
    For some reason my events are still showing up in my search results on my home page, even after 6 months when my settings are set to 1 month. I have seen countless threads but the ones that reflect my issue are from over a year ago, and many of the responses from your team are that the next update will fix this. I’m sure that update has come out already, so do you have any advice for me? To see my issue, please search “FROG” without quotes on my site’s search bar and click the first result. You will see that the event is still active which was in July 2016.

Barry

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting us.

On searching for the event you referenced (hopefully I did indeed hit upon the right one!) I noticed the following:

• There is an event from last year, dated July 11
    • There are no further events in that same series until December 12
    • The weekly pattern resumes from this point onwards

If this is the sort of pattern you are noticing – ie, a single event in each sequence is being ‘left behind’ and isn’t being cleaned up – then that is actually the expected and intentional behaviour of the plugin.

The event which is not being cleaned up is the “parent” for the series (ie, the very first event in the series) and is, in a sense, the glue used to bind the other events in the sequence together. Owing to that, we deliberately do not clean them up in the same way we clean up all of the other recurring events.

We fully appreciate this may seem slightly odd and it’s something we intend to address in a future re-working of the recurrence system, but I’d reiterate that – at this point in time – it is intentional and expected.

Does that clarify things?

Michael
    Participant

Ah I see! Do you have a work around to hide the parent event, so that it doesn’t show up?
    If not it’s cool, just curious.

Barry

It’s probably possible – but I’d be reluctant to play with that too much as under the current architecture the “child” events (ie, the current and future events within the series) inherit the properties of the “parent”.

So, maintaining some kind of distinction that lets us easily hide some of those expired parents could be fiddly and brittle work that might lead to problems elsewhere.

Again, possible – just not something we’d recommend modifying.

Sorry!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events are Not Cleaning Up’ is closed to new replies.