Events and Blog Nav Menu Conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events and Blog Nav Menu Conflict

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nwatson
    Participant

I have a color selected for the main nav menu so that the visitor knows which page they are currently on (Home, About, Contact etc…) When a visitor is on the events calendar page the blog nav item is highlighted also. So Events and Blog are highlighted when on calendar page. But when I am on the Blog page the Events main menu navigation item is not highlighted.

Thanks

Matt

Casey
    Participant

Matt,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Could you give me a URL where I can view this in order to help you further? Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

nwatson
    Participant

Hi Casey –
    I am developing the site locally so its not on a live server. I can send you a picture of the problem if you let me know how.

Also – is there a way to change the url at the top to mysite/events instead of mysite/calendars

thanks

matt

Casey
    Participant

Matt,
    Thanks for responding! Let me address these questions individually:

I am developing the site locally so its not on a live server. I can send you a picture of the problem if you let me know how.

Unfortunately a URL would be best, so I can view the page source and investigate further.

Also – is there a way to change the url at the top to mysite/events instead of mysite/calendars

Definitely! Just go to ‘Events->Settings’ and you’ll see the ‘Events URL slug’ option (screenshot).

Let me know if that helps to answer your questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

nwatson
    Participant

Ok casey- well I think I will do everything else and then when the site launches I will be able to provide you with a URL to check it out.

Sound good?

Casey
    Participant

That works. Just let me know! Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

unhinged
    Participant

I’ll jump in here with my link because I am having the same issue. nwatson, I apologize if I am stealing your thread but I believe we have the same problem – except mine is “News” instead of “Blog”

Casey, please see the link below. I believe the issue is related to the fact the Events are a custom post type and my “News” link is set as the Posts page in [Settings > Reading > Front page displays]. Similarly, when I start clicking around the calendar by changing the “View as” or adding filters, the highlighting for “Events” goes away (it is supposed to stay) and the News highlighting remains (it should still not be there).

I viewed the screencast for “Adding Events To The Menu” in the new user primer and created that link in the same way as the mustachioed gentleman did there.

http://babylonlibrary.unhingedweb.com/events/

Casey
    Participant

Matt,
    I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

@unhinged
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events and Blog Nav Menu Conflict’ is closed to new replies.