Events Aggregator with Facebook recurring events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Aggregator with Facebook recurring events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sheryar

Hello,

I have a client who is interested in using Events Calendar for their website and would like to manage all their events solely via Facebook (including recurring events). If I were to get Events Aggregator without Events Calendar Pro, would they be able to import all their recurring events on Facebook to their website? Will Events Aggregator also import the featured image for an event that was added on Facebook?

Thanks for your time!

-Sheryar

Courtney

Hi Sheryar

The good news is that Events Calendar Pro is not required for Event Aggregator to run. Event Aggregator will import images from Facebook events and assign them as the featured image in the post. However, I don’t believe Facebook natively handles recurring events.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Sheryar

Hello Courtney,

Thanks for your help. My client mentioned the same thing about Facebook does not natively supporting recurring events. However, when I try to create an event on a Facebook Page I own, I am able to choose the frequency of the event. Here is a screenshot: Screenshot

I understand that this is a question for Facebook support but I’m just curious if you are aware of this option.

Thank you,
    Sheryar

Courtney

Hi Sheryar

That is interesting. I will definitely test this out. Unfortunately your screen shot did not upload. If you were replying by email, we cannot receive attachments that way. Please visit https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-aggregator-with-facebook-recurring-events/ to upload the file.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Sheryar

Hello Courtney,

Yes, I noticed that the hyperlink did not appear properly (although if you right-click “Screenshot” it does let you open the image in a new window. Anyhow, this is the link: https://imgur.com/u3FKPXe

Please do update me if you test this out. That would be very helpful. Thanks again.

Sheryar

Courtney

Hi Sheryar

I did test this out. Because Facebook requires you to select each event in date, it wouldn’t be considered truly “recurring”. For that we’d look for something from Facebook that could be set like “every Monday at 11am” or something similar enough to our Events Calendar Pro recurring events settings.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Sheryar

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for testing it. I don’t require the events to be recurring per se. As long as all repeating facebook events can be synced with events calendar via aggregator, and managed completely from facebook, it should work for the client. In your experience, will this be possible to achieve with Events Aggregator?

Sheryar

Courtney

Yes Sheryar, that should work.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Sheryar

Thanks for all your help Courtney! I’m marking this thread as resolved.

Sheryar

Courtney

Sure thing Sheryar. Happy to help answer any other questions you have later too!

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Aggregator with Facebook recurring events’ is closed to new replies.