Events admin/back-end view backwards (farthest first)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events admin/back-end view backwards (farthest first)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

In the WordPress back-end/administration panel, the default view is to show the farthest future event first – which, since I have recurring events, is in August of 2013. How do I get the default view of the Events tab to be most upcoming events first, just like the “EVENT LIST” page on the front end?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

That’s a great question and I’m not sure the answer myself. I’m going to check with a developer to see how easy this is. Sit tight and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Mike
    Participant

I think you can click the Start Date column header to sort by date.

Ryan
    Participant

That’s true, Mike – you can switch it from ascending to descending. But I’d like not to have my client do that every time they look at the events list.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys,

You can use this snippet in your functions.php to modify the default order: https://gist.github.com/3542941

I hope that helps but let me know if you need anything else.

– Jonah

Ryan
    Participant

Thank you, Jonah! That is a great fix.

One related question… How does the plug-in handle events that have past, in the admin panel? Is there a way for me to hide them so my list doesn’t get ever-longer with outdated events? I tried searching for other threads about it, but couldn’t find anything. Thanks again for your help!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

The plugin keeps all events in the database until they are deleted. You may be able to find a plugin to auto delete posts or a script. Here’s a post that might help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5317599/wordpress-automatically-delete-posts-that-are-x-days-old

Good luck!

– Jonah

filadelfia
    Participant

Bumping this, as this doesn’t seem to work anymore. Could you provide an updated example of the snippet that works with the current version of Events Calendar?

Regards
    Kristoffer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events admin/back-end view backwards (farthest first)’ is closed to new replies.