EventBrite URL Change / Import Stopped Working

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets EventBrite URL Change / Import Stopped Working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    peterquale
    Participant

Hello,
    I’d piggy-backed onto this thread here — https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-import-event/#post-152697 — because it seemed they had the same issue.
    Error: “We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.”
    As the other person said, “It was working fine a week ago. Not sure what’s changed?”
    As noted in the subject, we did notice that one thing changed — the EventBrite URL format. It used to be something like this: https://www.eventbrite.com/event/123456789. Now it’s more like this: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/name-of-event-123456789?aff=es2&rank=1&sid=123j1123123j14123j123.
    I was able to successfully import an event about a week ago, when the URL was in the old format. Since then, the client has had issues doing imports and confirmed they received the error listed above.
    Can you help us to figure out what is going on? Do you think that a change in EB is effecting your plugin imports?

Thanks.

peterquale
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi – thanks for breaking it out into a separate thread, first of all – it’s genuinely appreciated 🙂

Can you share an actual Eventbrite event URL that you are trying to import from so (as in the other thread) I can test out importing it? As you can see in the other thread it seemed that so long as the event was marked as public the import was successful – at least in our own tests – and it would be great to confirm if this might hold true here, too.

Thanks!

peterquale
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks!

Despite the extra query variables at the end the ID continues to be the numeric part at the end of the “slug” (eventbrite.com/e/some-name-12345678?abc=de&id=3d21a5b67c) and it works just fine when I test it locally.

With that in mind, can I ask you to confirm that your Eventbrite API key is entered in the user profile for whichever user account is being used for import processes – and that it is correct? I realize you noted everything was working until recently, but this is still worth checking on.

From there, can you try deactivating all other plugins except for The Events Calendar and Eventbrite Tickets: make sure both of those are up-to-date and then also deactivate you theme (switch to a default one like Twenty Thirteen instead) and try this out again.

Do you still experience difficulties and do those steps enable you to isolate a conflict with another plugin/your theme?

peterquale
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

That would be great and I’ll leave this open for the time being so you can update whenever you’re ready.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘EventBrite URL Change / Import Stopped Working’ is closed to new replies.