Eventbrite time: correct. EC admin area: correct. Live event page: off by 1 hour

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite time: correct. EC admin area: correct. Live event page: off by 1 hour

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    investottawa
    Participant

Hello The Events Calendar team.

We run a LOT of events. All those events are first added to Eventbrite and then imported to The Events Calendar. Events are added a few times per month. The last time we added/imported events from Eventbrite was February 8th and everything was fine.

This past Friday we noticed that when we imported Eventbrite events that the time was off by one hour… on the live event page only… not in the admin area where importing takes place.

Just to be clear:
    Eventbrite event: 12:00pm to 1:30pm (EDT)
    The Events Calendar admin area after importing Eventbrite event: 12:00pm to 1:30pm (Timezone: Toronto)
    Event page (Live page that customer sees): 11:00am to 12:30pm

Screenshots:

I believe I’ve made all updates/upgrades to the calendar as you’ve released them.

Could someone please have a look and get back to me?

Thanks.

investottawa
    Participant

I also wanted to add that:
    – events added manually have no issues with the time being displayed
    – events that come in through the Community Events submission page display correctly as well.

This problem is only occurring with Eventbrite events.

Cheers.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jonathan and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Eventbrite time offset issue you have been dealing with.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

If you don’t mind, would it be possible to share screenshots of both your WordPress and your Events Calendar timezone settings please ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

investottawa
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this Geoff.

Screenshots can be found here:
    https://cloudup.com/cmJzLaUe2pX

The first image is WordPress settings. The second is The Events Calendar settings.

If you need something else let me know.

Cheers.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jonathan,

Thank you for the screenshots.

If you don’t mind, there are couple of tests I would like you to try:

1. Could you please change the Events Calendar timezone settings to Use the local timezone for each event ?
    2. Could you please change the WordPress timezone setting from UTC -5 to the New York timezone (which is the same as Ottawa as you know) ? Both with the current Events Calendar timezone setting and the Use the local timezone for each event setting.

Let me know if that makes any difference.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

investottawa
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

It looks like changing the timezone setting from UTC -5 to the New York timezone worked.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Jonathan,

Awesome! I’m glad that worked out.

You are always welcome back if there’s anything else you need help with.

For now, I will close this thread.

Cheers,

Geoff B.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite time: correct. EC admin area: correct. Live event page: off by 1 hour’ is closed to new replies.