Eventbrite Tickets Disappear Just Before Event

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Tickets Disappear Just Before Event

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    isawdwebmaster
    Participant

I am having the same exact issue. Tickets are setup to sell through 8pm central time on Eventbrite, but the ticket widget/iframe disappears before the event a few hours. I cannot find any setting that would cause issues with it.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry to see you’re having issues with the plugin and the Eventbrite iFrame here. As a first step here, can you verify that the timezone on the event within your WordPress settings matches the timezone on the event within the Eventbrite settings? It’s possible that these could be off and causing the issue you’re describing here.

Thanks!

isawdwebmaster
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Looks like the timezone is setup correctly on the event in the events calendar. We have the correct time zone in Eventbrite. The tickets don’t seem to have a time zone noted but assume it is referencing the time zone at the event level. Is there code for the iframe to disappear at some prescribed time before the event starts, even though the tickets are still on sale on Eventbrite?

Jeff

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for following up here and checking that information.

Was this issue happening on just a single event or was this happening on all events with Eventbrite tickets on your site?

Can you check the API connection on your site and verify that the connection between your site and Eventbrite is still active?

We do have a meta that we check against before displaying the tickets that gets updated when syncing with Eventbrite. If that gets set on the event to not display the tickets, the iframe will not display. Out of curiosity here, I wonder if the issue persists if you switch to the UTC version there on the event timezone within WordPress. So rather than having “Chicago” as the timezone, try using “UTC-6” and see if that changes things here.

Thanks!

isawdwebmaster
    Participant

I created a couple test events and still having the issue (http://isawilldupage.org/event/test1/ and http://isawilldupage.org/event/test2/). The first test is for the event today. I saw the iFrame for tickets at 1:30. And by 3:10 it was gone from the event (didnt capture exactly when it left the site but either at 2pm or 3pm CST). The tickets are setup to sell until 8pm. I also switched to UTC-6 and still does not have the iFrame appearing. Eventbrite seems connected via API and verified authorization. Imported events just fine today. Let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Jeff

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

I apologize for the delay here, we were celebrating the Thanksgiving Holiday here last week.

To help rule out the settings we apply here for showing the tickets, do they show up if you force the conditional to always show as true? You can test this out by adding the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/BeardedGinger/3e91a8a1b3612451d1f0e0c0a87dd80b

Let me know if this changes the display there.

Thanks!

isawdwebmaster
    Participant

I have added the code to functions.php. Disappeared at 2pm central time (coincidentally 6 hours before the end of the event). Time zone has to have something to do with it, but all looks right on both Eventbrite and WordPress…

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for testing that out for me. That at least helps us in ruling out one side of the equation.

I’ve been trying to do some additional tests here, as a help here:

• Is the global WordPress timezone on your site different from what is being used for these events?
    • Can you also add your system information to a private reply here as well https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Tickets Disappear Just Before Event’ is closed to new replies.