EventBrite Ticket Time Zones

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets EventBrite Ticket Time Zones

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant

I was just reading this post: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-import-updates-disregarding-time-zone-setting/
    The last note says that the timezone problem (Tribe resetting EventBrite to Eastern time even if EB was set to Pacific, etc.), was fixed in the 3.7 release. We have 3.7 implemented and the bug is not fixed. Where do we go from here?

Barry

Hi fmas490,

I’m sorry this is causing you further difficulties.

Can you confirm what your actual timezone setting is (in WordPress > Settings > General) and point me to an Eventbrite URL so I can see if I can replicate this?

Thanks!

Jennifer
    Participant

Hi! WordPress Timezone setting was UTC-4. I just changed it to New York, then went into the Event in WP, hit the update key and EventBrite still flipped from PDT to EDT. Every time I have to make a change in Tribe, I have to go reset EB, so it’s definitely a hassle. So I guess making that change to the WP Timezone setting didn’t help. Below is the URL of the EB Event and the Tribe/WP post. Looking forward to a solution – thanks!
    http://blog.graphisoftus.com/event/bim-test-drive-training-portland-or
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/bim-test-drive-workshop-portland-or-registration-13178365847

Barry

Ahh, I see – so in this case the problem is when events are pushed from WordPress to Eventbrite, rather than being an import issue?

Jennifer
    Participant

Well, not exactly. I create the events in EB, then I import them into Tribe/WP. As soon as I Publish the Post, Tribe sends a signal back to EB to change the time zone to Eastern (even if it was set to PT, CT, MT, etc., in EB).

To make matters worse, if I have to go in and make an edit to a published event, that has to be done in Tribe (because changes in EB don’t flow back to Tribe) – and when I update the Post, it will – yet again – tell EB to change the time zone to ET. So whether it’s a new event import from EB, or updating a published event that was originally imported from EB, Tribe changes the time zone in EB every time… Leave us wide open for inconsistencies because EB is the system that sends out the confirmations, reminder emails, etc. Got a fix for this?

Barry

Thanks for clarifying.

You’re absolutely right – I’ve updated our internal bug tracker and we’ll do our best to get this addressed. I’ve also linked this thread to the bug report so we’ll keep you updated as things progress 🙂

Our apologies in the meantime for the inconvenience.

Jennifer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

A timezone-related issue was fixed – but not the one you have described in this thread.

I’m afraid we can’t give an ETA, but we’re currently wrapping things up for our very next release and because that is subject to a code freeze I’m afraid we are unable to squeeze this in, so we’ve provisionally scheduled this work for the following release instead.

As before, we’ll certainly do our best to post updates in this thread as things progress 🙂

Tim Stringer
    Participant

I ran into this time zone issue earlier in the week. My events, which were imported from Eventbrite, were at 10am and 3pm PDT and the Eventbrite registration disappeared 3 hours before the event time, causing confusion amongst users and some lost registrations. I verified that the time zone is set correctly on both WordPress and Eventbrite and that ticket sales were available until the event time.

Has this bug been fixed in 3.8? If not, is there a workaround? This is a very serious issue for me (and I’m sure others) that impacts both revenue and reputation. Let me know if you need further information from my side.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi technicallysimple,

I’m afraid this has not been fixed in 3.8 (as I indicated to fmas490 we were already in code freeze and so couldn’t squeeze this in) but we have raised the priority and are provisionally scheduling it for the very next release.

We absolutely realize this is a serious issue and if you can bear with us a little longer relief should be in sight.

Tim Stringer
    Participant

Thanks for the follow-up, Barry and good to hear that a high priority fix was in the works. Do you have an ETA on the next release? The sooner the better given that this is a serious issue.

Generally speaking, is there a webpage that contains a summary of known issues? If I had know about this bug ahead of time I could have taken temporary measures. Instead I sent out a Tweet letting people know that it wasn’t too late to register, not realizing that the Eventbrite button had disappeared from the event. Confusing for users and embarrassing for me.

Cheers,
    Tim

Barry

Hi Tim,

Our release cycle is geared toward producing substantive updates once per month.

Occasionally there are also one or more secondary maintenance releases in between those – but I can’t offer any guarantees as to if those will be needed this time round, or what fixes might be included in them (something like this – typically – would have to wait until the next substantive update).

We’ll certainly do our best to keep you updated, though 🙂

Tim Stringer
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Barry. Given that this is a serious issue that could result in a loss of sales/income for myself and others I encourage you to release this as a secondary maintenance release rather than waiting for the next monthly update.

Barry

Definitely. Although I can’t offer any guarantees, we’ll do our best to assess this and build out a fix as quickly as we can. We’ll keep you posted as to progress 🙂

Barry

For the time being I’ll close this thread – but as above we’ll do our best to re-open and keep you up-to-date at appropriate intervals. Thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘EventBrite Ticket Time Zones’ is closed to new replies.