Eventbrite sync suddenly not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite sync suddenly not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stoney
    Participant

I had set it up a month or so ago and I’d been able to do everything just fine. Now, I can’t seem to either import Eventbrite events OR get the events created from WordPress to sync with Eventbrite. The box just goes back to being checked “No” (where it says “Register this event with Eventbrite”). There were no errors when publishing or updating the event (aka no reason for the sync to not go through). Rechecked the authorization and plugin settings, everything checks out. Just doesn’t want to sync.

Geoff

Hi Stoney and sorry for the trouble here!

Are you able to confirm the versions you’re using for the following plugins:

• The Events Calendar
    • Eventbrite Tickets

It would also be great if you could paste your system information here (as a private reply). That can be found at Events > Settings > Help at the bottom of the screen.

Let’s start there and see what we find.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Stoney
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hey Stone–thanks for following up and providing the extra info. This is super helpful!

I hate to go here, but I do notice a couple of plugins that could be conflicting–or at least have been the source of past conflicts with The Events Calendar. Specifically Visual Composer.

Just to cover all our bases, will you please try testing for conflicts before we dig too much deeper? That will help rule that possibility out and we can go from there. I would be great to follow all the steps in there, even though my hunch is stuck on one particular plugin.

Give that a try and let me know what you find.

If we can’t find any conflicts there, then perhaps you could give me a little more information on what may have changed in the last month since things stopped working. It would be very odd for something to suddenly stop working on its own without some other changes that may have affected it. For example, have there been any updates to WordPress, your theme, any other plugins since you noticed things the issue?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Stoney
    Participant

I actually just stumbled upon the problem! Looks like there were two organizers listed in our wordpress account. The syncing didn’t work because it wasn’t using the organizer I set up when I first configured the plugin.

d20games
    Participant

I’m having the same problem, but deactivating visual composer or going back to the first organizer is not working.

Geoff

That’s awesome to hear, Stoney! There are indeed instances where more than one organizer with the same can be set up. Confusing, I know, but I’m glad that was uncovered to be the issue here!

@d20games
    , is this the same case for you? If so, please do give @Stoney’s solution a try and if that for some reason does not do the trick, please open a new thread so we can help you directly since we’re likely looking a different issue.

In the meantime, I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please feel free to hit us up with a new one if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite sync suddenly not working’ is closed to new replies.