eventbrite sign-up / purchases page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions eventbrite sign-up / purchases page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ray QL

Hi – I’m getting my head around the combination of TEC + the Eventbrite Tickets add-on – I’ve not bought anything yet as I’m pitching a plan to a client.

What I need to find out is if there is a way to achieve something like the following:

– non-members can browse and purchase tickets to events
    – upon purchase, new ( WP ) membership account added ( from submitted ticket details – email & name.. )
    – new member can now log-in and view purchased tickets on our website in a designated and secured “member area”
    – these same users will be encouraged to submit their own events ( future plan.. )

I’ve read and watched much of the extensive documentation – read forum entries and of course played with the plugins – but I can’t really see if this functionality is supported or how you might suggest to make it achievable.

Thanks in advance

Ray

Ray QL

eventbrite API offers plenty of access to ticket sales info – http://developer.eventbrite.com/doc/users/user_list_tickets/ – be nice if there was a simple built in option for displaying this back to the user from within the site.

Thanks!

Leah

Hey Ray,

Sorry we didn’t get back to you sooner! I’ll check on your questions and get back to you with some substantial answers as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience!
    ~Leah

Rob

Hey there Ray. As my colleague Leah noted above, our apologies for letting this one slip through the cracks. Happy to get you the answers you need here…and I’m going to keep an eye on this thread in case you post any follow-up questions as well.

On your specific points:

1. “non-members can browse and purchase tickets to events” – this is absolutely doable. So long as you don’t have some restriction on your site (via a third-party plugin or something you built) that requires membership to see events, anyone will be able to view the calendar and buy tickets…regardless of whether they have an account or not.
    2. “upon purchase, new ( WP ) membership account added ( from submitted ticket details – email & name.. )” – this is a good idea and probably a logical next step for the plugin, but as it stands we don’t yet have this ability…largely because the purchase itself is handled entirely on the Eventbrite webpage, so once they begin their purchase pretty much the entire order happens offsite. (This, too, will change in a future build but isn’t on the immediate horizon).
    3. “new member can now log-in and view purchased tickets on our website in a designated and secured “member area”” – This too would probably require some custom development, as it’s outside the scope of what the plugin offers at this point.
    4. “these same users will be encouraged to submit their own events ( future plan.. )” – Frontend event submission is definitely possible, and you have the option to elect whether just members or anonymous users can submit. However this is done with our Community Events add-on (https://theeventscalendar.com/wordpress-community-events/), rather than the Eventbrite Tickets one.

That help? Let me know if not, and I can elaborate as needed. Thanks again for your interest.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘eventbrite sign-up / purchases page’ is closed to new replies.