Eventbrite settings not sticking

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite settings not sticking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I am trying to get the eventbrite tickets to work with events calendar pro. I publish my recurring event and set the end time for ticket sales to 8am and select Live in the drop down and hit update and nothing happens. I don’t see the eventbrite tickets on my events or at eventbrite and when i go to the event in the dashboard it has reset to 12am and draft. so in essence doing nothing..any idea what is happening here?

Casey
    Participant

Hello, and thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you’re having troubles, but hopefully I can help.

The EventBrite New Use Primer is a great place to start if you haven’t taken a look there yet.

Have you set your EventBrite API User Key in your WordPress User profile?

Thanks Casey, i have been looking all over for where to put the api. do i have to put it into all the user profiles? please advise

Casey
    Participant

Make sure you have the API key set for any users that will be editing/updating EventBrite events in the WordPress dashboard. Thanks!

got it working thank you! now i have another question: I went to eventbrite and it only had one event when this is a recurring event. what did i do wrong?

Casey
    Participant

Unfortunately Eventbrite’s API does not currently handle recurring events! So even if you set up an event as recurring on the WP side, there is no support for it on the Eventbrite Tickets side at this time. If this is an important feature to you, send them an email to make your voice heard.

Hope that helps!

ok, so that means i have to go into each individual events post and do it manually then?

Ok, i let it be known to eventbrite that they need to be able to handle recurring events!

if i wanted to collect more information from folks who register and pay for an event can that be done? Can i use Gravity forms to collect that info or do i use the events calendar and add more custom fields? please advise,

oh jeez it seems that each thing i do causes another snafu! I had my first event on June 3rd. and it published to eventbrite..Then i went to edit the next event in my recurring events and it over wrote the previous june 3rd event in eventbrite. Why is this such a pain in my rump!? lol

Casey
    Participant

Since the Eventbrite API does not yet support recurring events, all instances of recurring events will be associated with a single Eventbrite event.

You’ll have to disconnect the recurring Event from EventBrite if you don’t want it to update in EventBrite. You can do this by changing this setting: http://d.pr/i/zRXc

Just let me know if that resolves your issue. Thanks!

so are you saying that once the first event has happened, that automatically the next recurring event will populate to event brite?

Casey
    Participant

No, it will only use the date of the first event, since EventBrite doesn’t support recurring events.

If you want multiple events in EventBrite, you’ll unfortunately have to create separate events in WordPress, since their API doesn’t support recurring events.

Does that clear things up a bit?

well that is totally a bummer! Hope you guys are telling eventbrite to get their shit together.
    Because that is simply unacceptable. Here i am using the eventbrite tickets for recurring billing and they don’t even support it!

Casey
    Participant

Yeah, we’re definitely disappointed with the situation as well. Definitely keep letting them hear your feedback though, and let us know if we can help further. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite settings not sticking’ is closed to new replies.