Eventbrite plugin Error : The organizer name already exists

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite plugin Error : The organizer name already exists

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Judy
    Participant

When trying to create a new event to connect with eventbrite I get this error with the organizer field.
    “Error:
    The following Eventbrite error has occurred: The organizer name already exists. Please enter a different organizer name and try again. Note that your event was not registered with Eventbrite as a result.”

Why is this an issue? What if the same organizer has multiple events? In eventbrite it allows you to save organizers so that you CAN reuse them…. can we expect a fix for this.

Also, still waiting on a fix for the “ERROR: ARRAY” when importing events from eventbrite.

Barry

Hi Judy,

Although I think this may have been a problem in the past I can’t replicate it using the current version. Can you distil the problem down to a set of clear steps so that I can ensure I am doing everything that you are.

Can you also confirm if you have Events Calendar PRO and if it is active?

Thanks!

Also, still waiting on a fix for the “ERROR: ARRAY” when importing events from eventbrite.

Yep, I appreciate that and I’m sorry for the delay. I just sent a message to the assigned developer to try and get an update, so hopefully there will be something to report back soon 🙂

Judy
    Participant

I am NOT using the PRO version of the Events Calendar. I am using Version 2.0.11 of Events Calendar and Version 1.0.5 of Eventbrite Tickets.

So, nothing special on adding events…
    1) Add New Event
    2) Fill out EVENT TIME & DATE info
    3) Fill out the EVENT LOCATION DETAILS
    4) EVENT ORGANIZER DETAILS -> Enter Organizer Name only (no need for the other fields)
    5) Register this event with eventbrite.com? -> Yes
    6) Publish
    7) ERROR MESSAGE at top

Barry

Right, that’s what I did. Additionally I:

• Repeated this using the same name for the organizer
    • Tried creating a new organizer on Eventbrite to test if the problem was having a pre-existing organizer and then registered new events via The Events Calendar that used the same organizer name

I couldn’t replicate the problem, though, it all worked perfectly. I’m going to assume that deactivating other plugins and switching to a default theme didn’t yield any positive results here?

Judy
    Participant

Nope, I deactivated all plugins except for Events Calendar and Eventbrite Tickets and tested with Twenty Eleven previously and then again and again just now … and still the same issue.

I will try to uninstall Events Calendar and reinstall… Also, I am using WordPress Version 3.5.1 I am assuming this is also the version you are you are using. Any other suggestions?

Barry

Afraid not, it’s looking like we’ll need to file this as a bug. Bear with me while I check in with the team to see if there are any other ideas.

Barry

I’m seeking help from one of our devs who dealt with the same (or a very similar) problem a few months back – as soon as I hear something I’ll update you.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Judy
    Participant

Ok, thanks.

Barry

Judy: this is clearly a shortcoming in our plugin but not one that occurs if you have Events Calendar PRO installed. With that said, it is completely fixed as of version 3.0 (the next major version of our plugin which is on the horizon, currently in beta testing) even without the PRO plugin.

So, to give you a means of working around this in to the interim, we would be delighted to provide you with a complementary copy of Events Calendar PRO. We won’t provide a license, as it is simply a temporary measure until 3.0 arrives – at that point you can deactivate PRO (unless you decide to keep it, in which case by all means go ahead and buy a license at that point).

If that sounds like something you want to try please email us (at [email protected], marking your email for my attention – please also include a link back to this thread, just in case another team member deals with it).

Thanks so much for your patience so far.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite plugin Error : The organizer name already exists’ is closed to new replies.