Eventbrite plugin and Eventbrite.co.uk

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite plugin and Eventbrite.co.uk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

Since we are using the UK Eventbrite site, it is a real pain that all the links inside the Eventbrite Plugin admin take you to the US site.

Any chance there could be an option to use UK Eventbrite? Or is there a hook I can use to make this plugin more friendly to our users?

Barry

Hi Tim, this short snippet was devised for a slightly different problem but may be useful here. Can you try adding it to your theme’s functions.php file?

Tim
    Participant

No, that doesn’t work. Would be nice if it did. But looking at the code in eventbrite-events-table.php for example, it seems every url is hardcoded!!

This makes it hard work for users.

Coupled with the fact that the api (Eventbrite’s problem not yours I think) doesn’t seem to allow Eventbrite’s payment processing other than paypal and google, this is looking less attractive as a solution.

Barry

OK – anything in the views folder, like eventbrite-events-table.php, can be overriden by creating a corresponding custom template – some good resources to read up on this are:

* Themer’s Guide
    * Template Overrides Tutorial

So you should be able to change those ones quite safely if you override the template from your theme. All I can really add is that the API documentation does explicitly say:

Our API services are available on our http://www.eventbrite.com domain.

And while the top level domains seem to be interchangeable to some extent I’m not sure it is something you can depend on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite plugin and Eventbrite.co.uk’ is closed to new replies.