Eventbrite Java script error

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Java script error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fknippenberg
    Participant

Whenever a customer goes to make a reservation on any of my currently listed events, eventbrite kicks back an error saying they need to enable Javascript… If they click register again it goes through but this is proving to be a problem. Eventbrite has told me that their javascripts have changed and this is causing the error. They have advised me to updated the embedded code, however that code has come from the Eventbrite Calendar plugin – so how do I go about updating it for 60+ events?

using current versions of both Calendar and Eventbrite plugin

fknippenberg
    Participant

Is there any support out there????

Neill

Hi fknippenberg

I’m very sorry for the delay in getting to you. This one slipped through the cracks the last few days. You are back on our radar now though and I can help you through your issue.

I’ve just checked your site and I can’t see this issue happening on my end. Does/was it occurring to every user? Is there a specific event that you can share with us that is consistently causing this error. From what I deal with on the eventbrite side of things the only thing that you, as the owner of the site, has to embed in our plugin is your API ID and your individual events. Do they mean that they want you to regenerate all the event ID’s? I just spoke to a developer on the team as well and he confirmed that all the content displayed from eventbrite comes straight from their app through an iframe and it’s not something we control in-app as it were.

You want to maybe send us the info that eventbrite sent you regarding this error? I know you quoted it above but I’m wondering if there’s something we’re missing here. That and an example of this error occurring would be great.

Apologies again for the delay, We’ll help you get to bottom of this!

Neill

fknippenberg
    Participant

Hi Neill
    I am not sure if was happening for everyone but I do it happened to few people and I was able to reproduce it. However I just went and checked and it seems to have resolved itself. Eventbrite’s instructions were to regenerate the widget via their integration tool, but they didn’t know it was coming from the API. Anyway looks to be one of those issues that has mysteriously resolved itself.

Neill

Hi fknippenberg,

Glad to hear it. Please a keep a close eye on it as we don’t want this happening again to you. Apologies once more for the delay in getting back to you, and please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

Thanks
    Neill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Java script error’ is closed to new replies.