Eventbrite iframe for buying tickets disappears roughly two hours before event

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite iframe for buying tickets disappears roughly two hours before event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    coldtowne
    Participant

We are using The Events Calendar & Eventbrite tickets paid plugin with our Eventbrite account. Our tickets iframe seems to be disppearing around two hours before the show .We do have the ticket settings to stop online sales one hour before the show but the iframe is disappearing entirely. It’s not in source code when viewing with an inspector so it’s simply not rendering.

Casey D

Hello coldtowne,

Thanks for contacting us!

If I understand correctly, the tickets iframe is disappearing 1 hour before it’s scheduled?

My gut says it is a timezone issue. Can you compare what your WordPress General Settings > Timezone says versus the Eventbrite Timezone? If there is a difference of an hour that might be the problem.

Currently the Eventbrite plugin does not account for differences in timezone, you must do that manually.

2014-05-08 at 6.04 PM

2014-05-08 at 6.07 PM

But first it’s best to check to see that is the problem.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

coldtowne
    Participant

Looks like my time settings are correct:
    http://screencast.com/t/oNftBodwb
    http://screencast.com/t/maHOa52nLB

Also, even if the time zones were off, the iframe should still be displaying. It looks like the iframe isn’t displaying at all now.

Casey D

Alright coldtowne, thanks so much for your patience!

I was given a bunch of new information today, through emails from our support manager and the Eventbrite VIP support team. It helped paint a fuller picture of this situation.

First of all, my timezone hunch was completely inaccurate, but thanks for looking into that. But we’ll ignore that theory from here on out. 🙂

From what I understand, of the 200+ events you have in your system, every one of them abruptly lost its connection with Eventbrite sometime late last week. One of your admins has gone through and painstakingly recreated many of the connections, but not all.

Even on events that are linked though (Level 3-5 Showcases Improv), there is no iFrame for the Eventbrite ticket purchasing. So you are hardcoding the Eventbrite urls with ‘Buy Tickets’ buttons into the body of the events so that users can still purchase tickets.

I’d like to recreate the problem on your site, so that we can track it down and figure out a solution. However, because it is on a live site I have limited options. With the credentials given to me, I created a private event on June 1st called ‘TRIBE TEST EVENT‘.

With your permission, I’d like to make this June 1  WP event a live published event (temporarily), so that I can reproduce the issues you are having. Specifically I’d like to investigate that it takes 90-180 seconds to connect with the Eventbrite API, that the WP event remains connected to the newly create Eventbrite event, and that the expected iFrame does or does not show up.

If you have a test/staging/development environment, I would prefer to test on there instead.

On my own local development server, on a website I call ‘http://events.plugin/’, I was able to connect a WP event to Eventbrite with no problem. So far, we believe the issue is localized to your site, and don’t yet believe it is a larger issue.

Does this make sense? Thanks again for your patience.

Let me know if I can explain anything else! I believe this is a good synopsis of everything that has happened, and how we would like to approach it.

I’ll wait for your explicit permission before creating a temporary test event (or for credentials to a staging environment) before proceeding.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Some events are linked with Eventbrite

Some events are linked with Eventbrite

Missing iFrame for purchasing tickets

Missing iFrame for purchasing tickets even if they are linked. Also a hardwired ‘Buy Tickets’ button.

Most events don't aren't linked though

Most events don’t aren’t linked though

Expected iFrame functionality at http://wpshindig.com/event/the-events-calendars-eventbrite-wordpress-demo/

Expected iFrame functionality at http://wpshindig.com/event/the-events-calendars-eventbrite-wordpress-demo/

coldtowne
    Participant

Wow, thank you for all this help, this is really great and helpful of you.

We do not currently have a test environment. If I were to set up test.coldtownetheater (or something like that). Would that work for you? Basically if I mirrored the site and database, would that be sufficient? The one thing I’m concerned about is Modern Tribe and Eventbrite’s API limiting access to a specific URL. For example, I think my API connection with Eventbrite only works through http://www.coldtownetheater.com and adding a subdomain may cause other issues. Any experience or advice with that?

Alternatively, I don’t see a huge problem with a test event on the live site, if we name it something discreet (Website Test Event). It’s not the most professional thing in the world but I don’t anyone would bat an eyelash over it.

Casey D

Hello coldtowne,

If you could set up test.coldtownetheater that would be great. It would really let us dig deep into the issue.

You won’t be able to mirror the database exactly, you’ll first have to do a search/replace for all the urls. After that it should work fine though. Here is a tutorial if you need an overview

I’m not entirely sure about the API connection-subdomain issue you bring up, but I don’t believe it will be an issue since it was recommended by my manager we troubleshoot this way. I’ll double check and confirm though.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello coldtowne,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite iframe for buying tickets disappears roughly two hours before event’ is closed to new replies.