Eventbrite iframe for buying tickets disappears before event begins

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite iframe for buying tickets disappears before event begins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Samy's Camera
    Participant

Hello,

I have found one other discussion similar to this question that has not been resolved. Basically, my client is using Events Calendar Pro with Eventbrite Tickets plugin. Using a custom single event page template, we call in the eventbrite tickets iframe. This seems to disappear a couple hours prior to the event end time itself, and we lose the opportunity to sell last minute tickets to our courses.

Things I have checked:
    • Each WP user (there are 3) has the Eventbrite API User Key in place
    • Each end of day cutoff is the following morning at 5am
    • All timezones are set to the correct timezone on WP

Thank you for any help you can provide

Brook
    Participant

Hello 600 lines,

If I had to guess I’d say that when the clock strikes midnight UTC your iframe disappears. Would it be possible to get a link to an event that this happened to you on, as well as the code you are using to call the iframe? Feel to check the box “private reply” in your response, if you wish to hide any information in that response keeping it between you and Modern Tribe.

Thanks!

– Brook

Samy's Camera
    Participant

This reply is private.

nthomas
    Participant

Hi, I just ran into a similar issue on my site, specifically on this event: http://www.presidioofficersclub.com/event/worlds-fair-on-film-san-francisco-1915/

I’ve looked into the timezone issue on WordPress and Eventbrite and both are set to the correct timezone. This has happened to another event before and each time I just have to add a RSVP link in the text instead so people don’t overload our phones with questions about if the event is full or not.

Any other solutions?

Thanks!

Samy's Camera
    Participant

Yeah, I’m still seeing my eventbrite iframes dissapear 3-4 hours before the start time. Is there anything we can do to fix this?

Thanks so much for your input

Brook
    Participant

Pardon the delayed response. You probably noticed the giant red notice at the top of the forums that the Modern Tribe team headed out for our annual extended team trip retreat, but just in case you did not I just wanted to let you know why it took a while. I really appreciate your patience.

I investigated this issue in some detail. I found a bug relating to timezones. When you publish an event to EventBrite the proper timezone is not always transferred to EventBrite. This can cause EventBrite to believe that the event started or the ticket sales ended before it really did, and thus hide the frame.

I was able to work around this in my timezone. I published my event which started at 7am, but then I set ticket sales to end at 11pm via the field “Date to end ticket sales” in this form. This allowed people to purchase tickets right up until the event started from my website. But, they could still purchase them even after it started. It took a little bit of tweaking the ticket sales end time to get them to end right when the event started.

Another strategy to work around this would be to publish your event to Eventbrite. Then after publishing it, go to Eventbrite.com then click My Events, find your event, and edit it. There is a little link called ” Timezone & date settings”. Use that to correct the timezone if it is off. Then scroll down to your tickets. Next to each ticket set the proper end time/date for sales of each ticket by clicking the little gear icon called Ticket Settings.

Those are of course work arounds though. This is a legitimate bug and I am getting it logged so that we can fix it in an upcoming release so we no longer need work arounds.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for helping us find this problem so that we can fix it.

Do either of those solutions work you? Does it sound like you’re suffering from the same problem?

Cheers!

– Brook

Samy's Camera
    Participant

Brook,

Thank you very much for the advice. I’m going to go ahead and try this with my client and see if it resolves for the time being. I will report back to you asap. Please do not close this thread until I do. Happy to help report this and I’m glad that you guys are not only responsive and working towards improving your product but also helpful.

Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

I have no problem leaving this open for a spell 600lines. That sounds good. We do usually try to close open topics after 2 weeks if no response happens. But I will try and keep it open longer if possible.

Cheers!

– Brook

jaymutzafi
    Participant

Hi,

I am having a similar problem only sometimes it happens a few hours before, and sometimes even days ahead!

This event is for May 6 and the iframe already disappeared. This has been happening often, and most are days ahead of time.

Please advise.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy jaymutzafi,

Thanks for posting. I just had a look at your site and can definitely see a missing iframe. The strange thing is though that event is a month away, as you mentioned. The above issue in this thread only relates to events that are a handful or so hours away, and it has been very consistent. It likely relates to timezones, which will at most cause an event’s iframe to disappear at 23 hours out in the most exotic circumstance.

In short, I believe your issue is quite distinct from the one in this thread. If I were you I would open up that event on Eventbrite.com, edit it, and double check that the Ticket Sales End field is set to May 6th, and not before for each of your tickets. If you need further assistance with this, would you mind opening up a new topic? In this forum we keep each topic focused on one customer’s issue, that way each person gets our full attention. We would love to help further though in a new topic, just let us know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Samy's Camera
    Participant

Brook,

This is actually still relevant to our situation as sometimes our events just disappear days before the event is set on EventBrite.

Jay, if you create a new thread would you mind linking it here? I still would like to follow the progress of this fix.

Thanks

Brook
    Participant

That is good to know. Thanks! Would you mind also double checking the ticket end sales field when you see this happening 600lines? I am suspicious that it is the root cause. If we can confirm that, then we need to figure out why it is wrong some of the time.

Cheers!

– Brook

jaymutzafi
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

I just wanted to check in 600lines. Jay’s issue is evidently a result of him having multiple admins on his site. There is a necessary but inconvenient hoop you have to jump through when in the situation. Eventbrite cannot allow anyone without an authenticated API key to access a given event and make changes to it. So if a second WP Admin comes along, and either doesn’t have an Eventbrite API key or has one that is not authorized to edit that event, the WP event becomes detached from Eventbrite. Due to this dettachment you can no longer sell Eventbrite tickets and thus the box to sell them disappears.

Does that sound like it might be similar to your issue? You can confirm this is the problem by visiting an event in which the ticket box has disappeared, and clicking Edit Event in WordPress. Once there, if you scroll down, does it give you the options to update the existing tickets, such as the price, add a new ticket, etc. If not, then your event has likely become detached.

Please let me know if you have any quesitons, or if I can help further. 🙂

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without an update it is being archived. If you need further assistance, feel free to open a new topic. We would be happy to help. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite iframe for buying tickets disappears before event begins’ is closed to new replies.