Eventbrite Events Error: Array

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Events Error: Array

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m trying to import my Eventbrite events into Events Calendar Pro. Whenever I enter in the event id (eg. 5070477936)I get the following error:
    ‘An error occurred while updating Eventbrite. Please review your information and try again.
    Error:
    Array’

If I create an event in the Event Calendar and link it to Eventbrite, everything works fine. The event gets posted to both Eventbrite and WordPress, but if I then go to edit the event in Event Calendar I get the same error.

Any thoughts?

Barry

Hi Phil.

I’ve asked for input from a member of the dev team on this one – please bear with us as response times are going to be slower than usual over the festive period. In the interim, can I just confirm the following:

I see you tried deactivating other plugins/your theme – did that have any impact on the problem?
    Are you positive that your Eventbrite API key is correct?

(I’m sure it is all in order, but just wanted to double check.)

Phil
    Participant

Hey Barry,
    Thanks for the response, ohh dev team!
    There are no other active plug-ins, and the current theme is WordPress 20-10. Switching to 20-11 made no difference on the error. The Eventbrite API key is correct; even made sure there was no trailing space at the end of it. =(

If it helps the site is also running on Apache version 2.2.23, PHP version 5.2.17, and MySQL version 5.5.28-log.

Barry

Yeah it looks to me like a change might be needed in the plugin code, but I’m afraid I’ll have to bow out and leave it to the experts. Hopefully it won’t be too long and I can update you, but, again, it is likely to be a little slower coming at this time of year.

Anthony
    Participant

Any news? I’m having the same issue. I cant import events from Eventbrite. when I enter the event ID I get
    ‘An error occurred while updating Eventbrite. Please review your information and try again.
    Error:
    Array’

Barry

I’m just chasing this up with the assigned developer – sorry for the delays all – it’s a busy time especially following the new year but we do strive to be a little faster than this when possible.

It may be that this is a bug which will need to wait until the next maintenance release before it can be fixed, however I will confirm this and let you know.

Thanks for your patience!

Barry

Hi guys – sorry for the continued delay and thanks for your continued patience. I’ve followed up with the assigned dev and hopefully we’ll get some kind of update to you.

Judy
    Participant

Any word on when a fix will be released?? Like a ballpark estimate?

Barry

Hi Judy, we’re still looking into this – sorry about the delay and thank you for your patience so far.

Barry

Hi everyone. Regrettably this is looking like a bug for which there isn’t going to be a quick fix. In light of that, we’ve scheduled it as a priority fix for the next release of Eventbrite Tickets.

Phil
    Participant

Hey Barry, Just wanted to let you know I updated The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5, and the problem is still there. =(

Barry

Hi Phil, yep 1.0.5 was the current version when I made my last post, so, I’m afraid the fix is at least one more version away.

Amilkar
    Participant

Any update on this?

Barry

Hi Amilkar, no further update I’m afraid – the fix ought to be included in the next release of Eventbrite Tickets.

Barry

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of updates – it’s been a difficult issue to pin down. However, it does look like there is a correlation between the use of symbols such as “smart quotes” (where they are transformed from straight quotes to their typographically correct opening and closing forms) and possibly other characters, too.

Unfortunately when Eventbrite sends event data across (and when a title or description includes those special symbols) it is causing breakages as it seems those same special symbols are not correctly encoded.

Our developers have raised this issue with Eventbrite and hopefully something will come of that – in the meantime, some advice that may be helpful is to avoid using software such as word processing programs to draft your descriptions. Doing so can result in various hidden characters creeping in and wreaking havoc – so creating and editing events directly from eventbrite.com itself is recommended.

Should anyone still be experiencing problems – especially if you have a feeling that the above advice is not applicable – then please do go ahead and create a new thread and we’ll do what we can to help from there.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Events Error: Array’ is closed to new replies.