Eventbrite Event Status not changing from Draft

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Event Status not changing from Draft

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Celeste Filar
    Participant

Hello admins.

After renewing the Events Calendar Pro license and updating the WordPress plugin, the Eventbrite Event Status cannot be changed from Draft. Older entries are still live, but new entries are stuck on Draft (and, therefore, not showing links on the event itself).

All keys are recognized, the site is listed on eventbrite.com, and the Eventbrite Event Privacy in the Events Calendar settings for the event is listed as “Event is listed publicly on Eventbrite and search engines.”

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help get to the bottom of this.

So Events in Eventbrite are not changing from draft to publish status? Even if you try to do it in Eventbrite?

Or is this in your WordPress site?

Either way can you take me through all the steps you are doing to create a new event with Eventbrite and I will see if I can reproduce the issue and get it resolved.

Let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

Celeste Filar
    Participant

Most of our events repeat over time, therefore I log into WordPress, locate the expired event and update it. I update the date in WordPress, then click on the Eventbrite link, update the date in Eventbrite, make sure all the information is current, save, and return to WordPress– change the event to Live, and then update WordPress.

WordPress is showing the event as “draft,” but when you look at the event in Eventbrite it is “live.” The event is visible on our website calendar, but clients are unable to register.
    Suzanne Stevenson
    817-632-5521
    [email protected]

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

If you create a new Event in WordPress and publish it to Eventbrite does that work?

You are independently editing both the expired event in WordPress and on Eventbrite correct? If so I am not sure the API can support such changes,but I can see if it could work.

Let me know about this.

Thanks

Celeste Filar
    Participant

Yes. That is how we were instructed to update the events when the new website was built about 3 years ago to save time and keep from creating a new event for events that essentially repeat over the course of our business. I will give it a try.
    Suzanne

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok let me know what you find out and we can troubleshoot some more.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Event Status not changing from Draft’ is closed to new replies.