eventbrite add-on

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions eventbrite add-on

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roger

Hello, our client has a site using your calendar and site has qtranslate. With some hacks we have the site working fine (for the most part). Now client wants to add ticketing. How will the eventbrite solution work with your calendar and qtranslate? Will event register be in French?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Roger,

That is a good question. You are one of the few that has got qTranslate to work with The Events Calendar. To be honest, you probably know more about integrating the two plugins than I do, as I have not attempted that feat. I asked around on the team and no one else has tried it either.

Eventbrite uses the same structure and WP Translate API that the base plugin does. Each bit of text is run in one way or another through the translate() function, and has a text/domain. It is pretty standard fare for an international WP plugin. If you were able to get qTranslate to work with this setup in the base calendar, then you should be able to get the Eventbrite addon to work as well.

Would you mind sharing the “hacks”, or a general overview of how you integrated qTranslate? This will be useful to other users in the community, plus our own devs can look at it and maybe see if we can incorporate them in future releases. Thank you for considering this!

I wish I could be of more help. Unfortunately when it comes to integrating with third party plugins there is only so much we can do. Especially when it comes to translations, as for the most part that is handled by the WP API and has little to do with our plugin. Sadly WP is a bit deficient in the translation API department and so we do see problems arise.

Does that make sense? Can I answer any more questions? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘eventbrite add-on’ is closed to new replies.