Event without a start/end date???

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event without a start/end date???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tactical classroom
    Participant

Hi there,

I have an an event that I only intend to run when I have a full student “roll”.

So…I would like to create an event that doesn’t have a start/end date but that people can RSVP to OR…better yet, can “register” for and go on a waitlist for the event. Then, when I have sufficient student numbers on the “roll”/waitlist, I can then contact them.

Is this possible with Events Calendar and/or Event Tickets?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Jeremy

tactical classroom
    Participant

Hi,

Update:

I have found that if I create a Event for the YEAR (for example 1st Jan – 31 Dec) I can simply add an RSVP ticket to the event and folks can register which is…OK for now.

HOWEVER, doing it this way gives me several issues…

1) The event won’t show up on Events page after 1 Jan. So…I changed it to have a start (and end date) of 31 Dec.

This “works” as the Event is now “visible” on the upcoming events page BUT I don’t like that the date “advertised” (on the upcoming events page AND the event page itself) is not a true reflection of the dates (I run courses as/when required throughout the year).

So…how can I stop the date from showing up AT ALL on either the upcoming events page AND the individual event page?

2) As it is an RSVP event, it now shows as FREE on the upcoming events page AND the event page itself.

How do I get it to stop displaying the words FREE on these pages (without removing the pricing from other/paid events)?

Thanks

Jeremy

tactical classroom
    Participant

Help please???

tactical classroom
    Participant

Hi,

And on the Upcoming events page it says “December 2018”.

Can this be either removed or changed to simply say 2018?

Thanks

Jeremy

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

I’m sorry for the delay here, we’ve had a higher than normal volume of threads in the forums this week.

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations like this, but I’ll be happy to try to point you in the right direction here!

Tickets (paid and free) can be added to eventsĀ and other post types, like posts or pages. You might have a “sign-up page” that you create the tickets on initially, where users can go to add themselves to the waitlist. If you later want to move these attendees to an actual event, you can move the entire ticket or individual attendees for that ticket to an event with a date (this article has some more info on moving attendees and tickets). If you wanted to link to your waitlist page on the main events page (so that you can also display events that do have a hard date), you could add the link to that page via a template override.

Another option would be to hide the dates with CSS or remove them entirely via a template overrideĀ for each of the views you where you don’t want them to display.

Regarding the “Free” text, you can remove that with CSS or by using one of these snippets (in the functions.php file of your child theme).

Please let me know how this works for you and if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

I have exact same issue. Will look at Child theme CSS & template override. Would be great if you could put an event in “Waiting list” category and have date removal only apply to those events. If anyone could help that would be great. I’ll come back here when/if I have figured out a solution.

Barry

I’m going to close this ticket out since we can’t provide in depth support for customizations and, additionally, have mostly migrated to a new support platform:

If we can do anything else or assist with other questions, please reach out there!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event without a start/end date???’ is closed to new replies.