Event will not occur – outstanding Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event will not occur – outstanding Issue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cliffy
    Participant

Hi, following my previous comments on this thread, and my comments on Facebook, please can someone help resolve this issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-will-not-occur/

Many thanks,

Barry

Hi Cliffy,

Regrettably we not only left you in the lurch without an update to your last question in that other forum topic, but we seem to have associated it with the wrong bug report.

We do however have a different bug report for the issue you described (where increasing numbers of exclusions are added to recurring events as a result of the cleanup settings) and I have associated this topic with that report and will see if we can prioritize it.

If there are any interim fixes I can offer prior to us rolling out a fix then I’ll let you know but, unfortunately, there will be a further delay while I look into this and am able to assess that — but do bear with us a little longer.

Barry

This reply is private.

cliffy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello again Heath!

I’ve just replied in your other thread but I wanted to make sure you don’t miss this update:

We just shipped a new maintenance release (for the Week of 10th July 2017) that includes a fix for this issue.

You can find out more about this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-10th-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

cliffy
    Participant

Please don’t leave me in the lurch again. I reported that fact the latest update DOES NOT WORK.

Getting an acknowledgement of my reply would at least give me a bit of hope you are still looking into it, but after 6 days, I’m not hopeful.

Barry

Heath:

I’m sorry for the confusion.

There are two parts to this – stopping exclusions from being generated inappropriately (and that is the fix Victor was referring to) and providing a tool or method to help with cleanup for sites where those exclusions already exist.

We realize that the second part – the cleanup tool – is still outstanding and I do wish we were able to deliver that sooner, however we have had to prioritize a number of other items and, unfortunately, a side effect were some delays over here. I can assure you we will get this to you as soon as we can and that the hiatus in updates within this topic does not mean it’s been forgotten about.

Barry

Hi Heath,

We’ve developed an extension to help clean up events (and remove any out-of-bounds exclusions) that were impacted by the previous bug.

Exclusion Cleaner (plugin zip)

Simply upload and install like any other plugin and activate. You should then find if you click on Tools in the main WordPress menu that the following options are available to you:

In your case, it will probably list a number of events from which you can make a selection. This should be useful in ‘repairing’ events you need to update and amend.

I do hope that helps and our apologies for the inconvenience and delay.

cliffy
    Participant

Thanks guys, this is really useful.

When you stick a programmer in front of a problem, it would help if they were supervised by a product marketing person.

1. I have to manually enter a 4 or 5 digit number over 300 times.
    2. After entering said number, I then have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen to enter the next.

Where is the “Erase All” button, or at least, put the Event ID box at the top so I don’t have to scroll down the page every time.

Thanks for the fix though.

Barry

Glad it’s useful and that’s some great feedback 🙂

I believe the vision was that you could use this prior to editing a specific event (ie, only when needed) rather than trying to clean everything up en masse — which was something we explored, but there were a number of complications in doing so.

I’m afraid that it’s unlikely we’ll be able to roll out a further revision to this tool, at least in the immediate future, so while those are certainly worthy suggestions I can only recommend persevering with the plugin in its current form at this time.

cliffy
    Participant

No worries Barry, just thought I’d share my “User Experience” with you 🙂

All sites are done now. Thanks for releasing the tool and for helping to fix the underlying issues.

Happy for you to close this now.

Barry

Thanks, Cliffy. We appreciate your patience while we looked into this and of course your continued support. Glad you managed to fix everything 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Event will not occur – outstanding Issue’ is closed to new replies.