event widgit

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO event widgit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bonnie
    Participant

Before i updated the plugin , on the home page (widgit) my events looked like blog posts, image and description, now they only have a date and you need to click on list. how to fix this?

Barry

Hi – that is strange.

Can you confirm if you have or had any customizations relating to that widget (which may need to be updated post-update)?

A great acid test is to deactivate all other plugins and switch to a default, unmodified theme like Twenty Twelve and see if the problem still exists (of course you might need to re-add the widget with that theme). Assuming it’s all good, reactivate everything one-at-a-time and watch out for when it returns.

That can help to pinpoint any conflicts that could be behind this.

Can you give that a go and let us know how you get on?

Thanks!

Bonnie
    Participant

Barry
    deactivated all plugins, switched and no change. so put back all my plugins and my theme.

this is really NOT making my day

Barry

OK: I can appreciate this is frustrating but we are trying to help and I’m confident we can get to the bottom of this 🙂

Can you confirm what version of the plugin you updated from? Could it have been 2.0.11 or earlier? What I notice is that the output of the widget (at HTML level) is nothing like it should be. That leads me to wonder if:

• The update process didn’t complete quite as smoothly as it should have done, and legacy files have been left in place
    • Perhaps more likely, this could be a caching issue – it looks like you are using WP Super Cache
    • It may even be some sort of strange mix of the two

On the caching front, though I appreciate you taking the time to deactivate all of the plugins, it’s important to note that in the case of caching plugins this does not guarantee all caching effects will be removed. So clearing the cache and, if that doesn’t work, deactivating WP Super Cache and then clearing out the cache and ensuring no trace of it remains (please follow their instructions for doing so – it may include a change to the .htaccess file) is a good way to go.

The last theory I have is that a customization was made somewhere along the line (perhaps to add a featured image) and that was either made in the wrong place or somehow was missed when testing with a default, unmodified theme.

Does that help?

Barry

It’s been a while so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If you need further help though, for this or any other issue, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘event widgit’ is closed to new replies.