event website

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions event website

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paolo

Hello there,
    my project is about an Event Website similar to http://www.wantickets.com. A website that allows users to find and buy tickets for their favourites events, searching them by date, location, genre or artist. I want also allow owners and organizers to manage directly their own events.

The basic structure of the website should be something similar but more minimal and clean than wantickets.com, including the basic features for list events and sell tickets. I already did a research among the various plugins and I had made my own idea, but I prefer to get some different suggestions, before choose the better way. So, please review everything and give me your detailed project and ideas.

WEBSITE MAIN FEATURES:
    – WordPress 4.1
    – HTML5 / CSS3
    – Mobile ready and full responsive
    – SEO friendly

EVENTS/VENUE MANAGEMENT FEATURES:
    – Custom permalinks for events / venue / artists
    – Custom taxonomy and categories for events
    – Search filter bar
    – Geolocation (display events and venue on the map)
    – Venue manager (manage venue (gallery, address, contact info)
    – Allow recurring events

EVENTS MANAGEMENT WIDGETS:
    – Events calendar
    – Upcoming events (upcoming event list)
    – Related upcoming events in artist and venue pages (widget)
    – Related events (same category) in the single event page
    – Popular events (best seller)
    – Featured events, venue, artists

TICKETING FEATURES:
    – Sell tickets (generate eticket with unique barcode or qrcode)
    – Collect payments
    – Set multiple tickets / prices options
    – Allow users to insert promo code
    – Mobile scan tickets app

RSVP FEATURES:
    – Create ticketless events with RSVP function
    – Accept multiple attendee (allow user to register themselves adding people: for example JAMES+10)
    – Create a registration code (same of ticket but without payment)
    – Create attendee list thar can be sent automatically via mail in a preset time

OTHER FEATURES:
    – WPML multilingual ready
    – Google Maps support
    – Social media integration
    – Import/export data via .CSV

Please give me your advice about your plugin.
    Which features supports? How can I add the others features?
    Any suggestion is welcome! Thank you so much.

Kind regards,
    Paolo Cima
    HOTVISION | Marketing & Comunicazione
    Via Torri Bianche 5 – Vimercate (MB)
    http://www.hotvision.it | [email protected]
    Mobile: +39 3338049849 | Skype: Hotvision.Consulting

George
    Participant

Hey Paolo!

First of all, I am so sorry about the massive delay in response time for this ticket – if you explore other threads on our forums, you’ll notice that almost 100% of our tickets get a response within 24 hours. That was indeed the intent for your thread here, but it feel through the cracks in my workflow by mistake and was sitting here un-addressed for some time. For some reason it wasn’t coming up in my “Followups” queue, so I’m very sorry you’ve just been sitting here awaiting a reply.

To address your questions, you said this in your post: “So, please review everything and give me your detailed project and ideas.”

We unfortunately cannot provide speculation about your project, nor are available for hire to help build out, so the best we can do here is address some of the feature concerns you specifically ask about.

EVENTS/VENUE MANAGEMENT FEATURES:
    – Custom permalinks for events / venue / artists
    – Custom taxonomy and categories for events
    – Search filter bar
    – Geolocation (display events and venue on the map)
    – Venue manager (manage venue (gallery, address, contact info)
    – Allow recurring events

These things are all possible out-of-the box with the core plugin and the PRO add-on, however there are not, by default, “galleries” for venues. That is something you’d have to build yourself.

EVENTS MANAGEMENT WIDGETS:
    – Events calendar
    – Upcoming events (upcoming event list)
    – Related upcoming events in artist and venue pages (widget)
    – Related events (same category) in the single event page
    – Popular events (best seller)
    – Featured events, venue, artists

All things here except for the “Popular events” and “Featured events, venue, artist” are included with the core plugin and the PRO add-on.

TICKETING FEATURES:
    – Sell tickets (generate eticket with unique barcode or qrcode)
    – Collect payments
    – Set multiple tickets / prices options
    – Allow users to insert promo code
    – Mobile scan tickets app

While the barcode/qr code features will not be available until another release or two (a specific date is not available at this time, we’re working on it though!), these features are possible with one of our ticketing add-ons.

RSVP FEATURES:
    – Create ticketless events with RSVP function
    – Accept multiple attendee (allow user to register themselves adding people: for example JAMES+10)
    – Create a registration code (same of ticket but without payment)
    – Create attendee list thar can be sent automatically via mail in a preset time

There is an attendee list created for people who buy tickets, but for non-ticket-based RSVP features you will have to find an alternative solution or build one at this time.

OTHER FEATURES:
    – WPML multilingual ready
    – Google Maps support
    – Social media integration
    – Import/export data via .CSV

Google Maps is integrated with our Map View and and our venue pages, and Importing via CSV is support out-of-the-box with the free core plugin. Social Media integration is not something our plugin does itself, you can use any number of social-sharing plugins though and it will work fine with any of them as long as they are well-built plugins themselves. The same is true for multi-lingual support – we have several known compatibility issues with WPML, but all of our plugins use the standard WordPress translation gettext() methods, so if you find a multilingual plugin that works well with these generic functions, then you should be able to use multiple languages fine.

I hope I addressed your questions – your best option is definitely to go to each of the product pages here on theeventscalendar.com and look through all the feature lists, and watch the Introduction videos.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘event website’ is closed to new replies.