Event Website URL display problems

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Event Website URL display problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Catie

I would like to have a link somewhere on the individual event posting that shows the link to the Event Website. Is this possible and how would I proceed?

Thank you

Geoff B.

Good evening Catie and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your question.

My first recommendation would be to watch the video on this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar/

To add a link to the event website, you have the choice of:

1. Adding it within the event content description box
    2. Adding it in the Location (venue) section
    3. Adding it in the Event Website section

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Catie

I posted the URL in the event website section in the tool but I am not seeing it appear on the event page.

Here are screen shots of the individual event page and the place where I have entered the link in the set up form.

Website

Geoff B.

Good evening Catie,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot with me. It really helps.

Before I continue, please note that we do not offer support for our free plugin in this premium add-ons forum.

But, the good news is that you are still welcome to consult this forum to your liking and browse it for solutions, snippets and tutorials.

If you don’t mind, in the future could you please post your support questions here: <u>https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar</u&gt; ?

With that in mind, I just took a quick look at your website and I noticed a couple of things:

• You are using an Avada child theme which has a template customization for single events that does not include the event weblink. In other words, the issue is that some changes were made to how the single events are displayed.

You could:

1. Read our Themer’s guide as a starting point to understand how you could tweak the single event view or remove the customization
    2. Contact the theme author about this
    3. Hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you

bonus: I am also noticing that you are using “event” as both the Events URL slug AND the Single event URL slug under Events -> Settings -> General . These 2 slugs need to be different, otherwise the calendar is bound to not work correctly.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Website URL display problems’ is closed to new replies.