"Event Website" field not present in community add form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events "Event Website" field not present in community add form

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

When I add an event in the WordPress dashboard, there is a field called “URL” under the heading “Event Website”. On the public community add form there is no such field or heading. I’m using a pretty vanilla install of WordPress (only added some tweaks to the standard theme’s header) and haven’t customized Event Calendar Pro or Community Events more than adding two custom fields.

Barry

Hi supernaut, I believe you’ve hit on a possible bug here. Please bear with me while I check in with the development team and see if there is anything we might do to workaround this.

Rob

Hi there supernaut. Just wanted to follow-up on this now that I’ve had a chance for our lead developer, Jessica, to review it. She was able to confirm that this is indeed a bug in the code and we’re working to fix it now for an impending release.

In the interim, you should be able to add the code from this gist to your functions.php file as a workaround: https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6107914. Please let us know if that doesn’t provide a temporary resolution for you.

Otherwise, thanks for the heads up here and know we’re working on a patch now. It’ll be deployed ASAP. If we can do anything else you in the interim please don’t hesitate to let us know.

communitech
    Participant

I am having the same issue with the curious addition that I don’t see the URL field in the back end. I am using the Community Events add on with a custom child theme of Genesis. The gist snippet did not put the event URL field on the form for me. Thanks.

Barry

Hi communitech, could you share the contents of your functions.php file by Gist, Pastebin or a similar service so I can see where you positioned the snippet code?

communitech
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi communitech – are you using any other plugins made by us, such as Eventbrite or WooCommerce Tickets?

communitech
    Participant

The site is using The Events Calendar free version, the Community Events add on, as well as Image Widget made by Tribe.

Barry

Does switching (temporarily) to a default theme such as Twenty Twelve resolve this? Also, does this affect all events or just those submitted via the community events form?

communitech
    Participant

Perhaps the Event URL field is new to version 3? I did a bunch of testing with version 2 and the free version and the community add on in a brand new install and did not see that field in the front end or back end. I upgraded to the latest version of each plugin and there it is.

Barry

So which versions of our plugins are you using?

communitech
    Participant

Events Calendar 2.0.11 and Community Events 1.0.5

Barry

I see, well yes I believe you would need to update to our latest versions to see this.

Just for future reference, it’s generally best to create a separate thread for your own issues even if initially they seem similar to those reported by someone else – in this case for instance (because you would have been prompted to provide details about your currently installed plugins) we’d probably have got to this point a lot sooner – not a big problem from our point of view at all, just a good tip for future requests 🙂

Does that help here – or at least give you what you need to plan your next move?

communitech
    Participant

Understood and thanks for your perseverance. I am good now.

Rob

Awesome. Going to close this one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘"Event Website" field not present in community add form’ is closed to new replies.