Event Title Over Main Image

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Title Over Main Image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Denon
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed in an update a little while back that the layout of the event page had changed. (For the better in my opinion) However, the event title, date, time, and dollar amount now appears in a colored box at the bottom of the main image.

Is this supposed to be where it is? It was always above the image in bold black text, prior.

If the image submitted or used is somewhat smaller, the title can cover the entire image.

Is there a way to get that title to appear above the image like it did before? This is causing some problems here.

Thanks.

Hunter

Hey Denon,

Thanks for reaching out and being so thorough in your post. The design and placement of information is a customization built into the Avada theme. I encourage reviewing Avada’s How To Use The Events Calendar With Avada Knowledgebase article.

Our Themer’s Guide is the basic process Avada used when making the custom templates, so that’s another resource worth familiarizing yourself with. One of my favorite YouTube videos on the subject is Customizing WordPress #1 – How To Create A Child Theme by LevelUpTuts. Please review both articles.

The template you’ll need to focus on is /the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php. I’d also like to note that theme customizations are outside the scope we can support (see What support is provided for license holders?), but feel free to respond back with any questions and I’ll do my best to accommodate.

Thanks again and have a great Monday. Cheers!

Denon
    Participant

Hi

I appreciate your response. However I have great issues with this.

I was a customer of Avada prior to the integration of The Events Calendar.
    I was a customer of the Pro Version of TEC prior to it being integrated to the Avada Theme.

Since apparently there is now some kind of agreement between the two of you, you’ve allowed Avada to have this control over the display of the calendar. PRIOR to this arrangement, my calendar functioned and displayed as it was when I purchased it. I have been a user and customer of YOURS in regards to TEC. However, this has now caused the layout to change. And I am not a themer nor am I going to take the time to try to find out what they did, at my expense, to un-do what apparently has been allowed to take place.

It would make sense to me that for you to allow them to include your software, there should be a switch in the system that allows me to retain my own theming, in this case the standard Modern Tribe layout. When I select that in the settings, Avada is ignoring that.

Your post says that custom themes are outside your scope, to which I agree. However, this isn’t custom. You allowed or are condoning a 3rd party entity to break the software I paid you for because of some arrangement. If I were involved in this deal I would have required they ensure that what users have already had in place is not altered.

If you ask me, this is a VERY bad business decisions. This change has essentially BROKE what I already had working. And the solution is for me to pay to have this resolved.

NOT acceptable.

So please tell me, AS PART OF MY SUPPORT, how do I undo what you allowed Avada to do?

I would like a resolution to this. I will also look through the license agreement to see if there is any culpability on this. My transaction for this calendar has ALWAYS been between you and I.. not Avada.

Thank you.

Geoff

Hi Denon,

My name is Geoff and I head up support here at Modern Tribe. Hunter brought this thread to my attention and I wanted to reach out personally. You make some good points in here and I want to make sure I provide some clarification on the “agreement” between Modern Tribe and Theme Fusion as far as the compatibility goes between our products.

The first thing to note is that there is no agreement between our companies. Rather, we have built The Events Calendar (and all our products) to be easily theme-able for any developer to customize in ways to suit their needs. This includes the ability to override the plugin templates and stylesheets, in addition to having a a wide range of available filters to adjust the functionality of the calendar.

Theme Fusion, the author of Avada, has made use of these available resources to develop a version of our product that is bundled into the themes they sell. And, honestly, they’ve done a wonderful job and we’re stoked by the work they’ve done. They have reached out personally when they come across questions about how they can make Avada integrate better with our products and we’ve appreciated that.

By that same token, it also places an extra responsibility on Theme Fusion to ensure that Avada is updated alongside any changes made to the products they have customized. They’re great to work with and, while we have worked together on some some reported issues that our mutual customers have reported, our production and release schedules are not coordinated and that’s because we do not have an agreement with them — bundling and customizing our products is something they freely do because they see it as a benefit for customers.

That said, let’s look at the question you wrote in about:

Is this supposed to be where it is? It was always above the image in bold black text, prior.

Is there a way to get that title to appear above the image like it did before?

The cleanest way would be to roll back to the previous version of our plugins from before the updates. That will certainly revert things back to the way they were.

If, however, you would prefer to use the latest versions of our plugins, then I would recommend reporting the breakage to the Theme Fusion support forum. The calendar customizations bundled in Avada are what need to be updated in order to resolve the layout issues and that’s definitely something I know the fine folks at Theme Fusion would not only be happy to help with, but be more effective to do since they are familiar with the custom code that was written.

I really hope this helps clarify things a bit and provide the a solid path for getting things back in order. I can tell that this issue has clearly caused some frustration and my goal is to help get to the most efficient and effective solution possible and I think the path outlined here will do just that.

Sincerely,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Title Over Main Image’ is closed to new replies.