(No Title) displayed above actual Title – confused!!!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO (No Title) displayed above actual Title – confused!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dostie
    Participant

Here’s a weird one. On the display of an individual event the first line of data that appears is ‘(No Title)’ in the upper L corner of the page. The next line is a navigation link to All Events, and then in Header style font, the actual Title of the event. Wha???? Where does the No Title come from and how can I get rid of it.

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:
    http://www.demo.earnyourturns.com/event/test-event/

After a bit of sleuthing with Chrome’s Inspect Element I can see that the (No Title) data is being grabbed as an H1 element with a class of post-title_event-title, but I don’t understand where it grabs it from. Later on the real title is displayed as an h2 element.

I looked at the single-event.php file and can see where it grabs the h2 title info, and the other info on the event, but not where it is grabbing the “.post-title_event-title” info from.

dostie
    Participant

IOW – what PHP document is controlling how elements are called and displayed on the single events page?

Barry

Are you using the Default Page Template and if so can you try switching to the Default Event Template (visit Events > Settings > Display to do this).

Thanks – and let me know if that does not help.

dostie
    Participant

No, that will not be an acceptable fix. When I use the Default Page Template then my R sidebar is pushed below the main (post event) content. Already dealt with that issue and don’t remember the details, but part of the solution was to NOT use the Default Page Template.

I’m guessing I need to revise one or two of the driving php documents (placed in my child theme so updates won’t affect my fix) in the Events Calendar. BTW – this problem is evident in the FREE version of The Events Calendar AND the Pro version.

Barry

Hi dostie, that’s understandable: what I can tell you is that the text reading (No title) is generated by your theme rather than by our plugins.

Possibilities for changing this include modifying one or more of your theme’s templates (which you might do safely by creating a child theme or otherwise following the theme vendor’s recommendations for customizations) or, possibly, working with filters to remove that text.

This isn’t something that crops up with most themes so I don’t want to offer you guesswork here as your theme clearly deviates from the norm in this regard – are you able to reply privately with a download link for your theme in .zip format? You might share it either with a service like Dropbox or Droplr, or else by uploading the zip file to your sites media library and sharing the link that way.

Thanks!

dostie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

There’s no need to email it to us – simply place the link in a private reply 🙂

Of course, if you can replicate this with only the Graphene theme (and no child theme) then there is no need, just let me know if that’s the case and I’ll grab a copy (I’m assuming you are referring to this theme http://wordpress.org/themes/graphene … just for the avoidance of any doubt).

dostie
    Participant

This reply is private.

reid peifer

Hi Dostie
    I went ahead and installed your child theme on a fresh install of WordPress testing with both the The Events Calendar Core, and Pro and wasn’t able to recreate your bug.

We can do some more sleuthing, but you may be able to just do a little css trickery to solve your problem in the short term.

Try adding the following to your css file

.events-archive .post-title,
    .events-single .post-title{
    display:none;
    }

If you want to keep digging, have you tried deactivating your other plugins to see if we’ve got a conflict?

Let me know if that works for ya.

dostie
    Participant

Thanks Reid for trying. I tried the CSS band-aid. No workey. But, I did take a look at the plug-ins. Most I was unwilling to even try deactivating since they are important to my sites existing functionality. Fortunately the one I tried, whose functionality is superceded by the Publicize function from Jetpack, when deactivated, cured the problem. The trouble was a conflict with “Simple Facebook Connect” by Otto. Plug-in site is here: http://ottopress.com/wordpress-plugins/simple-facebook-connect/

It’s probably an okay plug-in, but frankly required more syncronizing with FB than I was willing to invest the time in. So, no great loss. Thank you for your help. Onward to the next stumbling block. 😉

reid peifer

Yea! We’ll take a fix how ever it comes. Glad you got it working. Hit us up when you run into the next stumbling block, and we’ll take a look at Otto’s plugin in the meantime.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘(No Title) displayed above actual Title – confused!!!’ is closed to new replies.