Event title disappears in list view on mobile phones (800px and under)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event title disappears in list view on mobile phones (800px and under)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have two installations of Event Calendar PRO. On the new install, everything seemed to be working fine except when I checked the list view of the calendar on my phone. The title, with knockout type on a blue background stripe at the bottom of the featured image was there up until 800 pixels and then the image resized and the title and blue background disappeared. That does NOT happen on my other Events Calendar PRO website. I have gone back and forth with checking that all the settings and theme options are the same, and still nothing.

I attach a three screen capture images: 1) a desktop view, 2) an 801 pixel view (still with event title), and 3) the 800 pixel view (no even title, image resized). The URL of these images is http://super.fmcquaker.org/calendar/2018-01-28/

What do you know?

Geoff B.

Good evening Jonathan and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the title disappearing on you!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

What is going on is that a CSS rule is in the way.

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px)
    {
    h3.entry-title.summary, h3.tribe-events-month-event-title, .tribe-events-calendar .tribe-events-has-events:after {
    display: none;
    }
    }

You would need to tweak it or add a new one
    @media only screen and (max-width: 800px)
    {
    h3.entry-title.summary, h3.tribe-events-month-event-title, .tribe-events-calendar .tribe-events-has-events:after {
    display: inline-block !important;
    }
    }

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Thank you. Yes, it was indeed a media call, but why would it work in one installation and not in another? My previous calendar install works fine and does not have that particular CSS media call.

All is well here for now… You create a great calendar app!

Geoff B.

Good evening Jonathan,

I am super stoked that this worked for you.
    Thank you for your great words!

I am not sure why this issue would appear on this specific install but not others.
    My best guess would be a setting.

In any case, in the end the important thing is to find the most time efficient solution 🙂

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event title disappears in list view on mobile phones (800px and under)’ is closed to new replies.