Event timezones do not show properly.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event timezones do not show properly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeffery
    Participant

Hey there,

I managed to get the correct timezone for most of the events but standard time changes on Nov 6th, so why are all events with a start date on or after Nov 6 still show CDT rather than CST?

Example: http://thinkreliability.com/events/

Time zone is set to Chicago currently.

Thank you for your help.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Jeffrey,

That’s a good question, I am glad you asked it. Right now your timezone will not shift. This makes sense for the UTC timezone, but might not make sense for location ones. We’re going to have to talk about this and review our metrics. We will try to determine how many users will expect it to behave as you did. It might be a behavior we can change in the future to make it more intuitive for the average person.

In the mean time you can split the series starting November 6th and adjust the timezone for future occurrences. If we do end up changing the behavior, then anyone expecting it to behave as it currently does will have to split the series instead of you.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event timezones do not show properly.’ is closed to new replies.