Event Time is not Matching for an Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Time is not Matching for an Event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

Hi,

We are having a strange issue for our site (in QA and about to be launched for the public), where the event time displayed on the Edit UI and the front-end are not matching.

We have Time Zone in WordPress settings as America/Los_Angeles and we also have the server time and PHP time set to America/Los_Angeles. I have included some screenshots from an event that’s exhibiting this issue. We are using custom templates for using the exact code from the plugin’s default templates for displaying date-time.

Thanks,
    Miah Morshed

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

I also just tried with Twenty Fifteen theme activated and all other plugins disabled, with the result unchanged. Here are some screenshots of another event to show the time discrepancy.

Miah

Cliff

Hi, Paul. Sorry you’re having to deal with this. Thanks for your thoroughness.

I’m guessing you’re experiencing a bug where a recurring event does not respect DST. I’m therefore guessing you created this recurring event during PST and it’s only off an hour during PDT. Is this correct?

I’d also suggest you check the box for “Show timezone” at the bottom of wp-admin > Events > Settings > General tab, as it might help highlight any discrepancies.

Finally, I’d recommend you pass http://yellerapp.com/posts/2015-01-12-the-worst-server-setup-you-can-make.html along to your sysadmin regarding your server timezone not being set to UTC. However, I do not believe it would affect this.

Please do some testing and let me know what you discover.

Thanks.

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

You’re right. They are showing as PST – not DST. What do you recommend we do to resolve this?

Miah

Cliff

Thank you for confirming. I’ve brought this bug to our developers’ attention.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Paul!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st November 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-1-november-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Time is not Matching for an Event’ is closed to new replies.