Event tickets products are uncategorized. Can I set a category automatically?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event tickets products are uncategorized. Can I set a category automatically?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kaisv
    Participant

The corresponding ticket product in woocommerce are not categorized. Is it possible to let it create a new category based on the event category or assign the product to that category if it exists?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

That is not a default functionality of our plugins, but it surely is possible to assign a product category to the ticket product after it has been created.

If you want it to be auto-assigned upon ticket creation this would involve custom coding which we can’t give support for as we state here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

That said, if you decide to start coding it and bump into any questions, do let us know and we’ll be happy to point you in the right direction as much possible.

Best,
    Victor

kaisv
    Participant

Okay, and where do I start? Do you think about integrating this into your code some time?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks for following up.

I don’t think this will be something to be added in a future release of our plugins. However, you can use the event_tickets_after_save_ticket action hook located at /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php that fires after a ticket product has been created.

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event tickets products are uncategorized. Can I set a category automatically?’ is closed to new replies.