Event tickets plus – woo commerce text

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event tickets plus – woo commerce text

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hi,

I have purchased the events tickets plus module and use it with Woocommerce. I have tried to amend the language files to override text but it still displays the initial text.

I need to change ‘add to cart’ to ‘add to basket’ and want to change ‘x out of y tickets available’ to ‘y tickets available’ but can’t see how this can be done.

Also, the google map box is just grey!

Would love some help! Thanks in advance

John

Chris
    Participant

Yes, I would like to know where to change this as well:

‘x out of y tickets available’ to ‘y tickets available’

thank you

George
    Participant

Hey John,

Changing the WooCommerce text is unfortunately not something we can help a ton with – it’s a WooCommerce-specific question, but fortunately there are articles like this one → https://docs.woothemes.com/document/change-add-to-cart-button-text/

I hope that helps!

As for the Google Maps box being grey, can you please link to where there is an example of this on your site?

@Chris – John has two issues here, a text-change and a map issue. So to keep things organized, can you post your question in another thread? Custom code will be needed for your customization, which we unfortunately cannot help with very much. However, by putting it in another thread that will increase our ability to help.

Thank you!
    George

Thomas
    Participant

@George
    I think, the “Add To Cart” problem is a little bit different: In my german website the “ADD TO CART” is translated into “In den Warenkorb” – which is correct. But the “Add To Cart” button in the Event Ticket Plus Plugin section still remains in english language … Is it not translateable?

Hope for help also!
    Thomas

George
    Participant

Ah, thanks for clarifying Thomas – sorry I misunderstood the nature of the question!

Event Tickets Plus is indeed translatable, but it’s a new plugin, so it may just not have any (or, at least, enough) German translations submitted for it.

The only way I can see around this would be to make a new translation based on the plugin’s .pot file – if you’re not familiar with doing this, it’s unfortunately a general WordPress topic so we cannot help with it in terms of support. However, it’s fairly simple and there are many resources online about how to translate a WordPress plugin, which I would encourage you to seek out if you want to do this.

Otherwise, we unfortunately have to wait for and implement German translations into the plugin 🙁

Sorry if this is all disappointing news! Let me know what you think and if I can help with anything else.

Sincerely,
    George

Thomas
    Participant

@George

Hi, I’m using Loco Translate, added the translation for the string “Add to cart” – but nothing happend. May be this is already discussed in https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/translation-not-working-in-new-event-tickets-plus/#dl_post-1039185 .
    I’m now waiting what will happen there …
    Thanks & good luck,
    Thomas

John
    Participant

Hi, I too am using Loco Translate and have set ‘add to cart’ to ‘add to basket’ which works on all pages except the tickets section which still shows ‘add to cart’, hence my original posting.

George
    Participant

Hey @John and @Thomas, I really appreciate your patience with this – unfortunately, I cannot speak specifically for Loco Translate, and that might be part of the issue here, but I will investigate our translations nonetheless.

I unfortunately don’t have any immediate steps of action that can be taken here – if there is an issue with our .pot file, which seems to be the case here, then unfortunately these issues will not be fixed until the next release at the earliest 🙁

Please let me know if you have any further thoughts about that, or any further questions here – if not, I will likely close this thread for now to keep things organized, and recommend giving translations another try after the next update. If issues persist you can open a new thread.

I’m sorry about there not being an immediate course of action here.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event tickets plus – woo commerce text’ is closed to new replies.