Help Desk

Event Tickets Plus – validation

Hello,
    I purchased Event Tickets Plus plugin yesterday, but I had problem to validate it. I tried it today again, but no success. When I enter “Licence Key” I get message “Sorry, key validation server is not available.”
    Can you help me with that?
    Thank you

(I have copied System Information after deactivating and activating my plugins/theme again)

Hi there,

Thanks for the report and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

We recently updated our plugin licensing system but – unfortunately – it looks like a few kinks still need to be worked out. We could narrow the issue down to URLs including hyphens, and our devs are working on a fix for this right now. I’ll give you a heads-up when the fix is released!

Thanks for your patience in the meantime,
    Best,
    Nico

Good news! A fix for this issue has been pushed to the plugin licensing system 🙂

Can you please let me know if this fixes the issue for you?

Sorry for the hassle once again,
    Best,
    Nico

Hi Nico,
    thanks for help but its still the same.
    Will wait.
    Ivan

Thanks for following up and sorry to hear about this Ivan 🙁

Looks like the existing domain was cleared from your account (part of the fix), so you should be able t re-connect the license and the message should disappear.

To fix this ‘manually’ you need to go to WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Licenses, delete the License Key and Save Changes. Then add it back again and Save Changes. This wasn’t necessary for most users but one reported having troubles after the fix was in place and this made things right in that case.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Hi Nico,
    I have tried to set it up manually, but I am getting still the same message.
    If its only matter of updates and plugin wouldnt cause any other problem I will wait.
    Thank you for your effort.
    Ivan

Thanks for following up Ivan 🙂

If its only matter of updates and plugin wouldnt cause any other problem I will wait.

Yeah, that’s the impact of it. But there shouldn’t be any problems really now that the fixes have been deployed. Does the site has internet / outside communication or is it an intranet site?

Just to recheck you are always getting the following error consistently: ‘Sorry, key validation server is not available.’, right?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Correct Answer

PS: I got another report of this issue and I recall that in the past we’ve heard of hosting companies restricting some of these ‘calls’ to external services which affected our validation server requests. Can you please reach out to your hosting company and see if they are doing such thing or if they have some information on their logs about it?

Thanks!

Hi Nico,
    you were right.
    It was hosting company. They gave me advice how to change their firewall settings, so now the problem is sorted out.
    Thank you very much
    Ivan

Thanks for the heads-up on the resolution of the issue Ivan 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico