Event Tickets Plus slow query issues on wp-admin

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets Plus slow query issues on wp-admin

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Gabriel.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel
    Participant

We’ve been working with the Event Tickets Plus addon recently and have noticed that the wp-admin Events list view starts to really slow down to the point of timing out most of the time after creating tickets for each of the events in our system (close to 500 total events).

This support thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-admin-page-loading-insanely-slow/ sounds like the same issue we’re experiencing yet we’re on version 4.6.2 of the Event Tickets Plus addon and this issues appears to have been fixed many versions ago. All of the plugins on our site are up to date. The issue persists when we test in a sandbox environment to determine if the issue was a theme/plugin conflict.

The WordPress ‘Query Monitor’ plugin shows a huge difference in loading times depending on whether or not the Event Tickets Plus plugin is activated – see attached screenshots for details. Hiding the attendee column doesn’t appear to make a difference, the extra queries are still happening.

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that your site is running slowly with use of our plugins.

As a first step, can you make sure that all of your Events Calendar related plugins are up-to-date?

Also, please have a look at our Performance Considerations and see if there is anything you can adjust in order to help your site run better:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/performance-considerations/

After that, you may be interested in caching, so take a look at this article:  https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/caching-basics/

In addition, you can check out some of the solutions provided in this forum post:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/decreasing-loading-time-for-big-amount-of-events/

I would also recommend looking into some of the plugins in this blog post, as they may be able to help you pinpoint where site slowness may be occurring:

https://theeventscalendar.com/favorite-developer-plugins/

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gabriel
    Participant

Hi Jaime, all of our the plugins are up to date. I believe the issue is clearly explained in the screenshots attached to the original post. The problem is with the Tickets Plus action that checks order status on every index load. The issue I linked from last year was the same issue we’re experiencing now.

Please help!

Hi Gabriel,

According to your system information, some of your plugins are not up-to-date.  Would you mind double-checking and re-sending your system information.

Also, for now, you can try removing the attendee column, which indicates the percentage of tickets sold:

add_filter( 'tribe_tickets_supported_admin_columns', '__return_empty_array' );

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gabriel
    Participant

Hi Jamie, this is frustrating because we’ve already spent hours troubleshooting the issue. The plugins that are out of date now were not out of date during our troubleshooting process are not affecting this issue.

As stated in the initial post, removing the admin column doesn’t make a difference, the issue persists.

Could you please look into this in more detail?

Hi Gabriel,

Could you provide me with your slow/duplicate queries from Query Monitor?

Could you also share an export of your database? Most hosts provide a means of doing this and you could then upload it here in zip format as a private reply.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gabriel
    Participant

Hi Jaime, I have a PDF for you that shows the query monitor results but the help desk won’t allow me to attached a PDF!

Hi Gabriel,

Can you possibly add the results to Dropbox or Google Drive and send in a private reply?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gabriel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for providing me with that information.  Can you update your WordPress version and see if the issue still occurs?

Also, if you temporarily turn off your SEO plugin, do you see better performance on your site?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gabriel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your feedback.  I am going to get some feedback from my colleagues on this issue, and I will report back to you when I have some more information.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this issue.

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Gabriel,

I just wanted to update you and let you know that I have passed this information to our developers to take a look at.

I have logged a ticket for this issue and you will be updated when a fix has been released.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gabriel
    Participant

Thank you for the update!

No problem, we’ll keep you posted!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Plus slow query issues on wp-admin’ is closed to new replies.