Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show and Print Tickets creates blank pdf

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show and Print Tickets creates blank pdf

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I just downloaded your latest version of Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show and Print Tickets and dk pdf plugin in order to get tickets as pdf. My only problem being that this combination creates a blank pdf file. it follows the link given in the ticket email but it goes to a blank page.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Stephan
    Participant

same problem here. the pdf in acrobat and acrobat pro shows just a white page. if you open the same pdf in preview on mac it works. but the customer has to login first. printing the email-ticket doesn’t work too realy proper because of the page-break-problem.

today we spent one hour for sending manual created pdf-tickets to customers 🙁 need a solution as soon as possible. no real help from the dk-programmer till now.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ilkka & Stephan!

Thanks for taking your time and reporting this.

I could reproduce the issue like Stephan says. I can see it fine in Preview for Mac, but I can only see an empty grey rectangle where the ticket info should be using Acrobat.

I will log a report for this so the team can have a look at this and hopefully fix it in one of our next maintenance releases.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report, so we can keep you posted about it.

Ilkka, if you are using Mac OS, could you please also confirm you can see the PDF ticket in Preview but not in Acrobat? This will help us confirm the nature of the issue.

Thanks,
    Victor

Stephan
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    please add the “PDF ticket download without being logged in”-problem to the list!
    Thanks!
    Stephan

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I am using Mac OS and testing in windows environment as well. I had no success opening these pdf files on Mac or windows just blank files in all programs (preview, acrobat, pro etc) and systems (Mac OS and windows).

But for some reason it started creating pdf files when I took the pdf link away in event settings and turned it back on. So suddenly it is making pdfs for me. Although these pdf files look horrible, and have not so much common with the original ticket. I do not know if anyone has any ideas how to render these pdf files correctly? Does it need to have a separate css file or what…

Anyway thanks for all ideas.

Stephan
    Participant

Just tried the on/off/on switch – no changes 🙁

Ilkka, did you try to save the blank pdf on your pc and open it in preview? On our system we get the right ticket (save them again as pdf and send them to you customers – our daily workaround :-/)

btw: same problem with the pdf on ipad.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I did save it on my pc and open it on Mac preview and the file was blank. However now I am unable to reproduce the blank pdf.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ilkka & Stephan!

Thank you for following up with this to share your findings.

I will make sure to pass them along to the report so the team has more info to work with.

Stephan, regarding the “PDF ticket download without being logged in” issue, that is another issue we are already aware of. I will also link this thread to that report so we can notify you when fixed.

We’d appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We released the PDF Tickets extension recently: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/pdf-tickets/

Your issue reported here should no longer be a problem if using this newly-released extension. The View and Print Tickets extension is no longer supported.

Please replace it with our new PDF Tickets extension and let us know how things go for you.

Thank you.

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We released the PDF Tickets extension recently: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/pdf-tickets/

Your issue reported here should no longer be a problem if using this newly-released extension. The View and Print Tickets extension is no longer supported.

Please replace it with our new PDF Tickets extension and let us know how things go for you.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show and Print Tickets creates blank pdf’ is closed to new replies.