Event Tickets incorrectly shows event as full

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets incorrectly shows event as full

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jacob
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using the Events Calendar Pro with Events Tickets for a grad school website. They are holding an event in 2 days – https://www.balsillieschool.ca/event/stop-carnage-politics-death-mourning-production-europes-migration-crisis/ . Only 40 people have registered, but it shows that 0 / 50 tickets are available. Any idea why this is happening?

thanks for your help,
    Jacob

Jacob
    Participant

p.s. Other upcoming events seem to be fine with regard to the number of spots available and the number of attendees, e.g.: https://www.balsillieschool.ca/event/intellectual-property-rights-money-infrastructural-power-modern-american-empire/

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I would be happy to help you on this.

The bug you came across is weird, especially since your other events seem to be fine.

Did the School start to allow RSVPs before setting a limit for the maximum capacity?

In your WordPress back-office, if you go to this event, what do you see under Tickets? Total Event Capacity: 50 and Available: 0?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Jacob
    Participant

Jeremy,

Thanks for looking into this. It is a weird one. The event is past, but it’d still be good to get a read on what is happening in case it occurs again.

I’m not sure if the School allowed RSVPs before adding a cap of 50 attendees. I imagine this happens in some cases – they open the gates to all attendees and then set a cap once they gauge the response and have a room picked with a certain capacity.

Attached is an image of the backend – the tickets section.

hope that helps,
    Jacob

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

If the school changed the capacity of the event from 40 to 50 after a RSVP had already been made, the new capacity wouldn’t be taken into account. This is a known bug (after an RSVP has an attendee, changing the capacity does not increase availibility) that our developers will work on in the near future. At the moment though, I can’t tell you when exactly this will be fixed.

I will mark this ticket as “Pending fix”, so that we can warn you when it is resolved.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support!

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Jacob
    Participant

OK. Thanks, Jeremy!

Jacob
    Participant

Jeremy,

I checked with the School and they did indeed change the capacity of the event. So your diagnosis was correct. Hope there’s a fix soon!

cheers,
    JB

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for that feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

I can’t give you a timeframe for now but our developers will work on this bug in the coming weeks. We will tell you when the bug is fixed.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Jacob
    Participant

Jeremy,

We’ve just run into the same issue on another event. In this case, the number of available RSVPs was reduced from 25 to 17 once 15 people had registered. It should have shown 2 tickets available but instead is showing 0 tickets available.

Conditioning the Battlefield – Legal Practices During Armed Conflict

Is this the same issue? Any thoughts on when this bug will be fixed?

cheers,
    Jacob

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for adding that feedback.

Yes, it’s probably the same issue. The bug fix is set forย maintenance release number 9 of 2018, which is planned for being released toward the end of June.

We will warn you as soon as the problem is solved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Jacob
    Participant

Thanks, Jeremy! We look forward to this fix…

Jeremy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Jacob ๐Ÿ˜‰

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue ๐Ÿ™‚

Find out more about this release โ†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Jacob
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve just tested adjusting the number of RSVPs and it looks like this works well now.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

I’m glad this issue is resolved! Once again, thanks for your patience during the past two months.

I’m closing this thread then, but feel free to start a new one if you have further questions or concerns ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets incorrectly shows event as full’ is closed to new replies.