Event Tickets (free not Plus) RSVP Notifications

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets (free not Plus) RSVP Notifications

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Beth
    Participant

We have Events Calendar Pro installed on one or our sites. We have installed the free Event Tickets extension as we needed an RSVP option for free class sign-ups. I’ve followed all the documentation regarding setting up for the free Event Tickets for RSVP but cannot find anything about admin notifications. The person submitting the RSVP receives an email, but we are not getting any admin email notices that someone has RSVP’d for an event.

I found another form topic thread that suggested adding a snippet of code to the functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/4f06f95dbff364242cf54a3b5271b182

I tried this and it doesn’t seem to be working.

I understand these people were asking about changing the email notifications from the admin email, but we aren’t receiving any notifications at all.

Cliff

Hi, Beth.

Sorry this doesn’t seem to be working for you… it should be…

Could you check that your WordPress site’s email is correct at wp-admin > Settings > General?

If it is, please double-check that the actual RSVP email is also being sent (e.g. buy a ticket yourself from a different email address and see if you get a copy in both places).

If it’s still not working for you, please specify where you’re placing the code snippet (do not include the leading <?php!!!) and also share your System Information Report.

Beth
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Beth
    Participant

Hi Cliff, I’ve corrected the errors in the code but unfortunately it still doesn’t seem to be working to send the bcc. I’ve tested the RSVP function from the font user end and those confirmation emails work fine, but I’m still getting nothing even to the admin email in the general WordPress settings. Any other suggestions on how to many something work? My client needs to be notified somehow, someway when someone RSVPs.

Also, I noticed that the confirmation email that gets sent to the guest RSVPing shows as being from [email protected]. Is there anyway to change this email? Or a way to add a message for someone not to reply to that email address?

Thanks for your on-going assistance.

Cliff

Hi, Beth.

You can use a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/ to help with controlling the email address that gets used. If you choose to use SMTP sending, it can do that as well.

Other alternatives include:

(all of these are third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us)

As far as why the BCC isn’t working for you, please once again detail the entire code you’re using and where you’ve placed it.

Beth
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Beth
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Interesting… that all looks fine. (FYI: change the gist’s filename from .txt to .php to enable syntax highlighting)

I’ll suggest changing

add_filter( 'tribe_rsvp_email_headers', 'cliff_et_rsvp_bcc_admin_ticket' );

to

add_filter( 'tribe_rsvp_email_headers', 'cliff_et_rsvp_bcc_admin_ticket', 50 );

(adding priority 50)

If that doesn’t work, change 50 to 1.

If that still doesn’t work, add the code snippet to the Genesis parent theme’s functions.php file and see if that gets it to work (just as a temporary test–don’t leave it in that file).

If that still doesn’t work, switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and add the code snippet to its functions.php file and see if it works there.

I hope this helps you get to the bottom of things.

Beth
    Participant

Thanks, Cliff, that worked! Not to get too greedy here, but is there a way to add a second email as a bcc? I don’t know my WordPress logic very well to know what to try.

Currently the email line is:
    $bcc = sanitize_email( ‘[email protected]’ );

Alternately I could just set up another email that forwards to both if it’s not possible.

Cliff

Phew! Finally!

I didn’t test it, but try this out:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/c4fb2ea8fb5ca44973ff06e6facc9742

Note that for your situation, you’ll need to add the 50 priority again.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets (free not Plus) RSVP Notifications’ is closed to new replies.