Event Tickets and Paypal

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Tickets and Paypal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jberg1
    Participant

I see with the Event Ticket Pro module it connects (and requires) with an ecommerce plugin like Woocommerce. I’m wondering if there is another way to do Ticket Purchasing where it would just connect to Paypal directly for the payment? Instead of adding to a cart for checkout.

I was hoping to just have a link to paypal to buy a ticket, but still utilize the other features like limiting the number of tickets sold, collecting information, etc.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Caroline

Hi there! Good to see you again–welcome back to the forums! 🙂

Hmm, you’ve got an interesting question here! While this isn’t functionality that we support directly in the plugin, you might be able to achieve what you’re looking for here with a WooCommerce extension. This one looks to be promising!

https://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-gateway-paypal-express-checkout/

You might also consider looking into our Eventbrite Tickets plugin, which would allow you to bypass WooCommerce functionality entirely and have Eventbrite manage your ticket quantities, payment, and processing. It’s a worthwhile option if you’re looking to keep things as simple as possible on your site’s end!

I hope that helps to give you some ideas! Thanks, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

jberg1
    Participant

Thanks Caroline.
    Looks like it will still require an interface with Woocommerce. I was kind of hoping for a quick buy now link to Paypal.
    I think Eventbrite module is the way to go if I don’t want to set up a full ecommerce solution (client budget restraints).

One question. Can I use the Event Tickets module along with the Eventbrite Tickets module? I still want to offer a simple free RSVP for some events and Ticket purchase for other events. I’m assuming they would just be separate event types? Or would it just be better to run both event types through Eventbrite?

Thanks again for your help.

Caroline

Totally understandable–in that case, I agree that Eventbrite Tickets is likely to be your best bet for getting up and running with a workable setup quickly. Of course, you’re covered with our 30-day refund policy if you’d like to purchase and try it on a test site before deploying it on any client projects. 🙂

The easiest way to include a free RSVP option with Eventbrite Tickets would be to simply create an event with one ticket, save the event, then edit the event as outlined in our Knowledgebase to add as many additional tickets as needed. You should be able to specify a cost of $0 for an event to designate a free RSVP ticket, and Eventbrite will take it from there.

Let me know if you have any other questions–and if you should choose to give it a try and run into any problems along the way, we’d be happy to help you on our Eventbrite Tickets forum!

Caroline

Hey there! It looks like you’ve gone ahead and marked my last answer as correct, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread! Thanks, and please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread if there’s anything else we can do to help! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets and Paypal’ is closed to new replies.