Event Tickets 4.3.4 Update Causing Extra Charecters Injected

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Tickets 4.3.4 Update Causing Extra Charecters Injected

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yulia
    Participant

Last update to the Events Tickets plugin is causing additional characters to be added before the closing </body> tag. I’ve confirmed this by deactivating all plugins and checking on the previous release versions till installed on a local development site where the issue wasn’t present.

See the attached screen shots.

Michael Sumner
    Participant

Same happened to me. If you’re feeling bold and don’t want to wait for a new release, the files are:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Main.php
    /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/vendor/tickets/common/src/Tribe/Main.php

In both files you’re looking for this line, it is line number 287 in both:

</script>”;

Simply change the line to the following and upload the files:

</script>

Make sure you have the latest file downloaded before editing and re-uploading though.

Hope this helps…

Bill
    Participant

Made both edits indicated. Still seeing extra characters?

Michael Sumner
    Participant

Maybe you have server-side caching like W3 Total Cache or Google’s mod_pagespeed that you need to purge? Could also be browser caching or even a CDN like CloudFlare. I did the above fix on four different sites and it worked every time. Only thing I can think of other than caches would be if you have a plugin other than the events core and tickets, but not sure what is available. Hopefully someone from Tribe can help.

Nico

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you are being affected by this issue ?

We are working on a hotfix release to solve this right as soon as possible. In the meantime the fix proposed here will make this right.

Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hi there,

I wanted to let you know that we just released a hotfix that includes a fix for this bug. Please update The Events Calendar and/or Event Tickets to version 4.3.4.1 and let us know if this makes the issue right in your site!

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets 4.3.4 Update Causing Extra Charecters Injected’ is closed to new replies.