Event Ticket Plus Not Working with Custom Post Type

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Ticket Plus Not Working with Custom Post Type

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    damiendasher
    Participant

Hello Guys,

I have a post type that I would like to add Tickets to. I went to the Event Settings > Tickets where it allowed me to tick the CPT box. The Event Tickets Plus metabox does appear in the editing screen of the custom post type. The problem is that after creating a ticket and pressing save, it does not save the ticket. Is this something you can help with?

Tony Svensson
    Participant

I have the exact same problem.

Nico

Hey @damiendasher and Tony,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

I could reproduce this on my local install so I can confirm this is a bug and not caused by your site set-up or other plugins. I’ve logged the bug in our backlog, but I cannot confirm when this will be addressed. I will probably have more info on the timeline for this in the following days.

Do you recall if this was working before the latest update?

Thanks for the patience while we work to fix this,
    Best,
    Nico

Tony Svensson
    Participant

I have not tested this before. Maybe damiendasher has more intel about previous behaviour.
    Thanks for acknowledge this, we are eager to get a fix.
    /Cheers

damiendasher
    Participant

Thank you,

I have never tried it with a custom post type until now. The only other way I tried it is with a Woocommerce product and that did not work either. So I guess it has never worked with a custom post type for me. Would totally solve a lot of problems for me if it did 🙂

Nico

Thanks for the update folks. We were aware it was not working for Woo Products (some reports came in last week about it), but some additional testing confirmed it’s not an issue with the products post type but a broader issue with Custom Post Types in general. I still don’t have a timeline for this, but of course it will be addressed at some point hopefully soon!

I’ll keep you posted about it,
    Thanks,
    Nico

Nico

Folks, I can confirm that this bug will be addressed in the upcoming maintenance release. Unfortunately I still don’t have any approximate date for this to be out. I’ve tried downgrading the version of the plugin but the issue seems to happen in version 4.0 as well.

Best,
    Nico

Tony Svensson
    Participant

Hi,

Maybe you have had a chance to look at your internal roadmap and give us a hint?

Thanks

Nico

Hi Tony,

Thanks for checking-in! I’ve re-checked the report for this in our backlog, I see it’s still scheduled to be out in the next maintenance release (4.1.1). It didn’t make it to ‘next release’ (4.1) as tickets were already closed. There will be some internal changes on how maintenance releases are defined, but I don’t think that’s going to affect this case.

Thanks for your patience once again,
    Best,
    Nico

Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Nico:

I’m having the same problem. Is there an estimated release date for the 4.1.1 release? I’m attempting to use Event Tickets Plus on a client’s site, but may have to find another solution depending on timeline. Thanks!

Nico

Hey Sean,

Thanks for jumping in! Hopefully you won’t have to wait to 4.1.1, this fix will be included in maintenance release 4.0.6 which if everything goes as expected will be out next week.

Hope you can wait for it 🙂

Best,
    Nico

Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Great news. Thanks Nico.

Nico

You are welcome Sean!

Geoff

Hey there!

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we released Event Tickets Plus 4.0.5 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please check your WordPress updates, or you can also grab the latest copy by logging into this site and heading to My Account > Downloads.

Thanks for your patience while we worked on this! Please feel free to open a new thread if you continue to experience the same issue or have any other questions that pop up during updating and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Ticket Plus Not Working with Custom Post Type’ is closed to new replies.