Event Tags as checkboxes instead of a dropdown menu

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Event Tags as checkboxes instead of a dropdown menu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Benny
    Participant

In the community events edit event page, I was wondering if there was a simple way to list a limited amount of tags as checkboxes instead of the dropdown menu.

The site I’m working on is already keeping the wordpress editor out of reach from the general user, so we won’t have to worry about them adding new tags. There will be about 15-20 set tags for events to start. My client believes it is easier to access to access tags listed as checkboxes instead of a dropdown.

Is this possible?

Benny
    Participant

Alternatively, if you can’t use checkboxes. I’d want users to be able to add any tags they’d like. Looking at the “Select2” documentation (which is used for the taxonomy.php), it seems like that is a function by default. Is there any reason why tags can’t just be added from the add event page? They can be added in the wordpress side but I’d prefer if that wasn’t really accessible for the regular user on our site.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Benny!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let me help you with this topic.

Unfortunately, there is no simple way or built-in option to use checkboxes for tag selection in the community form. It is possible, but would require some custom coding. As a reference, our themer’s guide provides an overview of how you can customize our plugins templates > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

This is also the case for creating new tags via the community form. I can really see the use of having such functionality or option built in, so I suggest you post that as a new idea in our User Voice > https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas so others wanting the same can vote for it.

Please let me know if you need help elaborating this idea.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tags as checkboxes instead of a dropdown menu’ is closed to new replies.