Help Desk

Event Tags and Post Tags mixed together

Tags created for posts are showing up in the list of Event Tags and vice versa. Is that supposed to be happening?
    My client doesn’t want the blog tags showing up as choices when people are submitting community events. Is there any way to 1) keep event tags separate from post tags, or 2) hide the tags field from the community event submission form, or 3) turn off tagging altogether for events? I didn’t see anything about tags in the settings….
    Thank you!
    Teresa

Hi Teresa!

Tags are shared between posts and events. Categories, on the other hand, are separate for each post type. So this is the expected behavior.

The easiest of the three options you asked about would be to hide the tags field from the submission form all together.

There’s two ways you could go about this. The first would be to remove that field from the template. You would do this by copying the template from the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php to [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/edit-event.php and delete line 43.

The second way to hide that field would be to use CSS.

.tribe-community-events .tribe-section-taxonomy + .tribe-section-taxonomy {
            display: none;
        }

Let me know if either of these solutions will work for you.

Thanks,
    Sky

I tried your CSS solution but it made no difference – until I changed the first selector to #tribe-community-events (instead of .tribe-community-events). I don’t understand why, because the parent div has that class as well as ID, but it does, so I guess it’s fixed, thanks.

Teresa,

Great! Glad that worked for you. There must have been stronger selectors in the original CSS. Using the ID instead of the class was a good way to overcome that.

Let us know if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Take care,
    Sky

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Event Tags and Post Tags mixed together’ is closed to new replies.