Event Submissions are disabled

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Event Submissions are disabled

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    accessrose
    Participant

IDK what happen but I am unable to add events on the submission form. Any help?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the troubles with this, but I can help you get this resolved.

I visited the site and went to the typical url for the Event Submission and got a 404 Error.

http://www.nyclout.com/events/community/add

So there is two things I would like you to do.

Step 1
    First please follow the 404 Error Guide and see if that fixes it.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/troubleshooting-404-errors/

Step 2

If not then please go to:

Settings then the Community Tab(if the Community Tab is not showing, please check that the plugin is activated or still there, maybe something happened to it?)

Once on the Community tab please let me know what the settings are for the 4 fields in the General Section on top.

Let me know what you find out from both of those and we can go to the next step to resolve it.

Thanks

accessrose
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok, I see the form now, is it still not working?

If it is not working, can you please follow Step 2 from my first post and let me know the settings of the first 4 fields.

Also, What happens when someone submits an event? Does it give an error? Or does it go through and not show in the backend?

Thanks

accessrose
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information.

I was able to create a Test Event Called “Test Event – Do Not Publish – ECP Support”

It showed up in the drafts of the Event for me. I noticed the order was set to show the event that is happening the farthest in the future at the start and goes back from there.

I would suggest clicking on that so the next upcoming Event shows first and then look at just the drafts and clear out events from the past or SPAM events and then retest again and see if they show up.

I did not pick up any errors otherwise, but that does not mean there are none.

Let me know if that works or if not, I can look into it more to help you resolve this.

accessrose
    Participant

Thank you. I am a little lost because I don’t recall seeing any setting that places the submitted events in the drafts. I guess that’s why I didn’t see events in the “pending” section of the events backend. Is there any way to fix that?

Brian
    Keymaster

No worries, glad it helps.

As for the setting for placing Community Events in Drafts there are three options on the Community Tab of Events->Settings that can change that.

Look for this select box:

Default status for submitted events

The three options there are Drafts, Pending Review, and Published.

That settings is only for events submitted on the front end of your site.

Since the original questions is resolved I am going to close this topic, but if you have additional questions or issues, please create a new topic and we can help you out.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Submissions are disabled’ is closed to new replies.