Event start and end time shifting in Eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Event start and end time shifting in Eventbrite

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nthomas
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe,

Previously, we have had problems with the event times shifting in Eventbrite any time we made a content edit to the imported event in WordPress. Understood that this is due to a glitch that hopefully is getting resolved in the next release. We’ve been able to manage this by manually going into Eventbrite and correcting the event time, and it usually sticks. Not ideal, as we have nearly 40 events imported from Eventbrite, but at least it is correctable.

What we’re finding now is that one particular event has had the time shifted, but when I go in to correct the time and hit SAVE, it doesn’t take. The event should be 7-8 pm, but even after I correct this and hit SAVE, the event time remains 12 pm-1pm. Is there any way you can help??

Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help out here.

With the release of 3.10.1 we fixed the issue of Events changing times in WordPress on updates because the timezone was not respected.

However, are you talking about WordPress you cannot change the times or is this in Eventbrite itself?

Let me know and we can go from here to try and resolve this.

Thanks

nthomas
    Participant

Hi Brian,

This is actually in Eventbrite itself.

In our case, we never had a problem with the times shifting in WordPress: our problem was the times shifting in Eventbrite anytime we made any content edit (copyedits, updating the image) to the imported WordPress. We were able to manage by manually going into Eventbrite and correcting the time. But the problem now is that when I try to correct time and hit save, it doesn’t take and the time doesn’t change. It remains at the incorrect time.

Let me know if you have any insights!

Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

The only thing that comes to mind is if the event has tickets sold it could not be changed.

However, I do not know if that is 100% in Eventbrite.

Can you contact their support and see what they say? If they bring back an issue that we can help with please let me know.

Thanks

nthomas
    Participant

Hi Brian,

EventBrite support was able to correct the time of our Events, and I also let them know that the cause was most likely due to The Events Calendar app integration.

I just updated to 3.10.1.

Should I be ready to go, or do I need to delete the snippet that was added to the functions.php file that was released last week as a short term fix?

Thanks!

Michael
    Participant

This exact thing happened to us today. Is there a fix for this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I would delete that snippet that was a temporary fix as the 3.10.1 update fixes that. If with the 3.10.1 update you see this issue or anything else come back please let us know.

Michael if the issue is Eventbrite and you are not able to change time you will have to contact them.

The 3.10.1 update has been tested and we believe resolves the times changing in Eventbrite and in WordPress and they should stay correct now when making updates.

Since nthomas issue is resolved. I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event start and end time shifting in Eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.