Event Site option: is there a way to hide the link behind the name of the event?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Site option: is there a way to hide the link behind the name of the event?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rika
    Participant

I want to link to event pages/ticket sales from the calendar. I like the functionality of the event website option, but for most urls, this is long and ugly when displayed on the web site. Is there a way of hiding the actual url behind the name of the event or some more generic Click here to learn more??

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Rika and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The good news is that you can totally achieve what you are looking for (replacing the website full URL by something else).

To do that, you will need to do a template customization. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

More specifically, you should do a customization for the following file: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta/details.php

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Site option: is there a way to hide the link behind the name of the event?’ is closed to new replies.