Event Sidebar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Sidebar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Timothy
    Participant

Not sure if we addressed this already, but I still can’t seem to get my sidebar right. I use catalyst theme. It allows for customization of my sidebars for each page. Even then there is a default sidebar that should come up, but I get no sidebar.
    http://www.wheretogointampa.com/event/tampa-bay-florida-vip-exclusive-fashion-show/
    I have default calendar template selected.
    I am wanting to do selected ads for events in a sidebar for my events.

Timothy
    Participant

I just tried the default page template, and it gives me the default side bars for the events themselves, but an empty sidebar for the calendar. I kinda want to leave the calendar big, and just have sidebars for the events themselves. I can work with the default sidebars though, because I can use widget ninja for the widgets.

Rob

Hey Timothy. Thanks for the note; so should I assume by your second post that you’re all set here? Was there anything else you needed/wanted us to look into? Let me know if so and I’ll get someone on it.

Timothy
    Participant

No, cause it still has this empty sidebar widget that I can’t figure out where to edit it. It’s not in my widget area. I was able to get the them to allow me to choose theme options for the events themselves, so I have that done, but the calendar grabs this odd widget..

Timothy
    Participant

Not sure if this was answered, i cant seem to be able to find the thread, but How can I get the content to be on top. Mine always shows the map and then image then content.
    example
    http://www.wheretogointampa.com/event/bacchus-puts-the-art-in-p-art-y/

Timothy
    Participant

Also, if you look at that same link there is this line showing up down on the bottom underneath facebook comments….
    What is this?
    if ( function_exists(‘has_post_thumbnail’) && has_post_thumbnail() ) { the_post_thumbnail(); }

Rob

Thanks for confirming, Timothy.

For the empty sidebar widget: I’m still not understanding this issue. What is the “odd widget” you reference? Sorry about this, I’m just not positive I understand that last point there.

To make the map and featured image go below the content, check out this FAQ post: https://theeventscalendar.com/?qa_faqs=how-can-i-place-the-map-featured-image-below-the-event-description-instead-of-above. That ought to get you where you need to be, but let me know if not.

On the mystery code: weird, I’ve confirmed that’s definitely in our plugin code but I’ve got no idea why it’d be showing up. Maybe a conflict with the Facebook plugin? I’ll ask Jonah to take a look there.

Timothy
    Participant

I moved it back to full width so you might not have seen it. But I just bow put it back, so if you look at it now, you will see the “odd widget”.
    http://www.wheretogointampa.com/events/

Timothy
    Participant

ah, now I know why its down there, I did it when I read that FAQ before.. I must have did it wrong

first make sure you are overriding the ECP templates by creating an ‘events’ folder in your theme directory and then place a duplicate copy of views/single.php in there. That way when you update your changes will remain.

Then, around line 90 take the code:
    if ( function_exists(‘has_post_thumbnail’) && has_post_thumbnail() ) {
    the_post_thumbnail();
    }

and place it below the_content() or wherever else you want it to appear.

Timothy
    Participant

Im not sure where to put the line. It looks like its already there? I went and grabbed the orginal :
    This is line 87 thru 100

Rob

Alright. Thanks for confirming; while this is a bit outside my area of expertise, Jonah should know. I’ll get him to confirm this afternoon when he hits the forums.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Timothy, can you pastebin the full contents of your single.php events template so I can figure out why that code is there?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Timothy
    Participant

<a href="”>
    time() ) { ?>

<meta itemprop="startDate" content="”/>

<meta itemprop="endDate" content="”/>

<meta itemprop="startDate" content="”/>

<a href="mailto:”>

(<a href='’>See all)

<a class="gmap" itemprop="maps" href="” title=”” target=”_blank”>

if ( function_exists(‘has_post_thumbnail’) && has_post_thumbnail() ) {
    the_post_thumbnail();
    }

<a class="ical single" href="”>

<a href="” class=”gcal-add” title=””>

Timothy
    Participant

<a href=\"\”>
    time() ) { ?>

<meta itemprop=\"startDate\" content=\"\”/>

<meta itemprop=\"endDate\" content=\"\”/>

<meta itemprop=\"startDate\" content=\"\”/>

<a href=\"mailto:\”>

(<a href=\'\’>See all)

<a class=\"gmap\" itemprop=\"maps\" href=\"\” title=\”\” target=\”_blank\”>

if ( function_exists(\’has_post_thumbnail\’) && has_post_thumbnail() ) {
    the_post_thumbnail();
    }

<a class=\"ical single\" href=\"\”>

<a href=\"\” class=\”gcal-add\” title=\”\”>

Timothy
    Participant

not sure it its posting right…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.